Bulb model for DRLs and Front Turns on CTS w/OEM HID - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Bulb model for DRLs and Front Turns on CTS w/OEM HID in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Yeah, I like the look of the bulbs in that pic too. Thats what I thought I was getting. your ...
    Black'10CTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '08 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '00 STS

Re: Bulb model for DRLs and Front Turns on CTS w/OEM HID

Yeah, I like the look of the bulbs in that pic too. Thats what I thought I was getting. your 11W should be good, just don't try the 7W! lol

newlinux is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black Raven CTS4 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Black'10CTS4 View Post
    Yeah, I like the look of the bulbs in that pic too. Thats what I thought I was getting. your 11W should be good, just don't try the 7W! lol
    I have the 11W ones in and they look good! Much better than stock. Now I'll actually use my DRLs instead of turning them off or using my parking lights. I hope they last... Now, unfortunately the fog lights I bought to replace my Hoen's (one burned out after 3+ years) didn't fit for some reason. Gotta address that. Considering going HID for the fogs...

Success!! 16W LED bulbs are in and they look great, just as bright as the stock bulbs.

IMG_20130818_190920_296.jpg

Anthony M is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond tricoat 3.0 awd cts
    Buy them ebay by searching bulb number,not car model it charges you more. Make sure you click us. Seller only, will arrive much faster. Paid 9.99 for led bulbs with 68leds each.

Hammerhead100 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Performance Sedan

Hi all, I just swapped out my DRL's with CREE 30W LED (H16) and they look fantastic. 2009 CTS sedan with OEM HID's.
    I was prepared to totally remove the bumper, disconnect fog lights, disconnect headlight washer tubing, etc.
    I also wasn't looking forward to removing all of the push pin clips on the bottom side.

I only removed the upper plastic cover (piece under the hood with the weather strip attached), the two 10mm bolts inside the fender wells (1 in each fender), 2 obvious push pins under the hood, and the two 10mm bolts that attach the bumper brackets to the radiator. The bumper EASILY moves out of the way enough to access the 3 headlight fasteners and remove the headlights. There is no need to touch any of the pins under the car or remove the bumper. This mod is super easy and can be done in about an hour

RAB likes this.

Merge is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ★ 2009 CTS⁴ Black Raven|Ebony ★

Everyone's LEDs still working?
    Anyone know the OEM bulb wattage?

Thinking about changing to LED since one side died.
    Any recommendations?

newlinux is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black Raven CTS4 Premium

Mine still working fine and looking good. Wish I had done it years ago...

Negative here. Our '08 has one that goes on and off intermittently. I'm sure its a bad connection because I could tell the plastic wasn't molded correctly when I installed it. Going with a different retailer but only getting one more pair because mine are working fine. Just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit.

And Merge, the stock wattage is 19W. I wanted to go bright but was concerned about going above the stock wattage. Honestly don't know if it would matter or not but didn't want to burn something up.

-Frank
    Merge likes this.

Slee_Stack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Wagon RWD Premium, Used to own 2005 STS 1SG
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead100
    Hi all, I just swapped out my DRL's with CREE 30W LED (H16) and they look fantastic. 2009 CTS sedan with OEM HID's. I was prepared to totally remove the bumper, disconnect fog lights, disconnect headlight washer tubing, etc. I also wasn't looking forward to removing all of the push pin clips on the bottom side. I only removed the upper plastic cover (piece under the hood with the weather strip attached), the two 10mm bolts inside the fender wells (1 in each fender), 2 obvious push pins under the hood, and the two 10mm bolts that attach the bumper brackets to the radiator. The bumper EASILY moves out of the way enough to access the 3 headlight fasteners and remove the headlights. There is no need to touch any of the pins under the car or remove the bumper. This mod is super easy and can be done in about an hour
    Any further description or pix you could provide? I was able to loosen the top of the bumper cover and remove a total of two headlight bolts. I can't get or even see the third. Thanks.

Merge is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ★ 2009 CTS⁴ Black Raven|Ebony ★

Did you get the one in the wheel well? Take a look here:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...light-mod.html

Slee_Stack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Wagon RWD Premium, Used to own 2005 STS 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by Merge View Post
    Did you get the one in the wheel well? Take a look here:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...light-mod.html
    Thanks for the link. I wish pictures still were viewable there.

So..I have to remove '3 clips', pull the wheel well liner back and there will be a 10mm bolt to remove behind it?

Quote Originally Posted by Slee_Stack View Post

So..I have to remove '3 clips', pull the wheel well liner back and there will be a 10mm bolt to remove behind it?
    Yes. There are three push pins that hold the inner fender well to the actual fender, once those clips are out, get a flat screwdriver and pry the inner fender well away from the fender, its located kind of behind the headlight. You can only pry it apart about an inch or two but of you get a flashlight, you can see it.

I did what Hammerhead did and it worked great! Pulled all the pins and bolts from the top of the cover and the fenders but left in all the the clips along the bottome edge by the ground, worked like a charm! I put a wood block down to support the bumper in the middle so the weight wasnt hanging from the clips. much easier than the first time i did it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.