V-series Lights Upgrade
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GProdigy
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, V-series Lights Upgrade in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just installed the Vlights today...Pretty much a direct swap.(plug and play) I removed the DRL fuse, b/c i read it ...
  1. #1
    GProdigy's Avatar
    GProdigy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    231

    V-series Lights Upgrade

    Just installed the Vlights today...Pretty much a direct swap.(plug and play) I removed the DRL fuse, b/c i read it somewhere on the forums that your suppose to for the conversion, but thats it.
    The most difficult part is dropping the bumper to change the lights.






    I loved the eyelids look from the last headlights, so we did it again to these b4 the installation


    canon 60d 50mm

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    krenzema is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 STS N* V8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    26
    What's the price and do they swival with the steering?

  4. #3
    GProdigy's Avatar
    GProdigy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    231

    Re: V-series Lights Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by krenzema View Post
    What's the price and do they swival with the steering?
    The guy on ebay wanted one headlight for $500..but there was a button that said "or Best Offer"
    I just typed in $350 and he just accepted that with free shipping(prob couldhave bid lower) lol. The other light was around the same price .
    The dealership waned $1600 per V light which was insane.

    Haven't driven on a curvy road at night yet, but ill let you know(they should)... I've mostly been driving during overcast days.

  5. #4
    Pdabs's Avatar
    Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    31
    Posts
    575
    Your light won't self level , if you notice car that comes with xenon lights as stock .. When you turn them on they move up/down. Yours will not do that. No big deal, it just means on inclines you might be blinding the driver in front of you for a short moment. I did this mod and I haven't had a driver flip me off yet

  6. #5
    Hyphymikey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Sport Wagon
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    15

    Re: V-series Lights Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Pdabs View Post
    Your light won't self level , if you notice car that comes with xenon lights as stock .. When you turn them on they move up/down. Yours will not do that. No big deal, it just means on inclines you might be blinding the driver in front of you for a short moment. I did this mod and I haven't had a driver flip me off yet
    So if your car came with Adaptive lighting, and move left and right when you turn the car on, do they also self level? (I live in flat Louisiana and never notice)

    ... and if your car came with Xenons, and self level when they start, I am pretty sure they wont turn when you steer like my AFL lights do, but might auto level if switching to AFLs

  7. #6
    Kenny9123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    66
    More pics! I wanna see some up close shots. I don't know if there is much of a difference from my '11 coupes lights.

  8. #7
    GProdigy's Avatar
    GProdigy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    231

    Re: V-series Lights Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny9123 View Post
    More pics! I wanna see some up close shots. I don't know if there is much of a difference from my '11 coupes lights.
    If your 2011 lights have the LED pipe..probably not much. I went with the V lights b/c I wanted the black housing to match my cars' theme.

    There could be more of a difference but im not sure...
    They cost a lottt more on Ebay for some reason, as a result it took me forever to find some around my limit that didn't have broken tabs.

    I'll post some more pics for you later.

  9. #8
    GProdigy's Avatar
    GProdigy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    231

    Re: V-series Lights Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny9123 View Post
    More pics!
    Here's some with the bumper half way off from the installation..but u can see up close...
    The LED pipes stand out a little more with the black housing as well...

    you can see the vinyl job on these pics as well...




    EVH5150 likes this.

  10. #9
    CTS4MATION is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    155

    Re: V-series Lights Upgrade

    I did the swap a few weeks ago and love it,, however ive yet to get a pic of them thats bigger than 4"x4" (stupid phone). For those that are concidering the swap but think it may be too much money for just a black housing and hids.....patience is a virtue! It took me 6 months to finaly have a pair but I payed $150 total no BS. The first cost me a hundred and the second a mear fifty bucks. You just have to watch for the auctions...... many many auctions haha. Like I said it took me 6 months when I really wanted them in ASAP but I wasnt forking out $700-$1000 on a pair of lights just so they would match the car.

  11. #10
    blkillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Clemson SC / Virginia
    Posts
    96

    Re: V-series Lights Upgrade

    So if I have the stock HID headlights would the cts-v lights still be plug and play and everything work or would it be the same and the DRL's not work as well? Im pretty sure I have the HIDs. I have condensation build up in one of the lights so im thinking about switching both of them to the cts-v lights if they are plug and play and everything works.

    Thanks for the info!

  12. #11
    Pdabs's Avatar
    Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    31
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by blkillac
    So if I have the stock HID headlights would the cts-v lights still be plug and play and everything work or would it be the same and the DRL's not work as well? Im pretty sure I have the HIDs. I have condensation build up in one of the lights so im thinking about switching both of them to the cts-v lights if they are plug and play and everything works. Thanks for the info!

    How are you not sure if you have stock hid lights?
    Do your headlights have a vertical light bar? Do they take a second to get brighter? Did your car come with fog lights?

    You posted a similar question in another thread. Do you even read? The reason for the drl issue is because different wiring in halogen lights. Since hid cts and ctsv are the same light (minus cosmetic) why would you have the drl issues?

  13. #12
    blkillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Clemson SC / Virginia
    Posts
    96

    Re: V-series Lights Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Pdabs View Post
    How are you not sure if you have stock hid lights?
    Do your headlights have a vertical light bar? Do they take a second to get brighter? Did your car come with fog lights?

    You posted a similar question in another thread. Do you even read? The reason for the drl issue is because different wiring in halogen lights. Since hid cts and ctsv are the same light (minus cosmetic) why would you have the drl issues?
    I do read. I just bought the vehicle. But i appreciate the attitude.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting