Best product for leather dash and seats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Best product for leather dash and seats in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; What products work best for the leather dash and seats. I am concerned about the heat that the dash will ...
    dmeray1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Best product for leather dash and seats

What products work best for the leather dash and seats. I am concerned about the heat that the dash will have in the sun and whether a particular product stands up to the heat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dmeray1
    What products work best for the leather dash and seats. I am concerned about the heat that the dash will have in the sun and whether a particular product stands up to the heat.
    I use Lexol on the seats.

On the dash I use Meguiar's Interior Detailer.

Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    I switched to Zaino and use their Zaino leather clean and leather protector. When I used the cleaner the first time it removed everything and took it back to how it was from the factory. The protector dried almost immediately and doesn't give the leather or dash a really shinny finish. More close to a satin finish. The best part was the smell but it just gives the interior a really old school real rich leather smell. I love it!.

Hyphymikey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Sport Wagon

Re: Best product for leather dash and seats

The dash isn't real leather so don't waste the good stuff on it, I use Zaino leather in a bottle for the seats, cheaper stuff on the dash and doors. I'll throw some Zaino on the dash every so often. I like the matte look, not greasy.

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63

I use Lexol on the seats.

On the dash I use Meguiar's Interior Detailer.
    Just for everyone's information since I didn't state it, but the Meguiar's interior Detailer does not leave a greasy sheen.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

303 aerospace protectant usually yields good results

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

And Griot's is also good. Different products for the leather as well as the vinyl dressing.

jimmie jam is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS LUXE

I believe that our leather is "painted" and not "tanned" therefore, the products the are made to saturate and condition leather are a waist of money because they can't be absorbed. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I have used these products but find that Woolite mixed with water @ 10:1 makes a good but mild cleaner. Then rinse throughly with water and dry. FWIW.

krenzema is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 STS N* V8
    Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    303 aerospace protectant usually yields good results
    303 rocks on plastics. Way better than the competitions products. It lasts longer under the elements and has great UV protection. Nice product.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie jam
    I believe that our leather is "painted" and not "tanned" therefore, the products the are made to saturate and condition leather are a waist of money because they can't be absorbed. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I have used these products but find that Woolite mixed with water @ 10:1 makes a good but mild cleaner. Then rinse throughly with water and dry. FWIW.
    I think there still is a need for moisturizing. I see many cars with cracked or peeling seats, yet I condition my seats and have driven them for years and have never experienced a crack. Our last Toyota Landcruiser went through 9 years, 160K miles, baby seats dogs, etc and the seats were still soft ans supple when we traded her in.

Bandit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

I use Aerospace 303 Vinyl Cleaner and Aerospace 303 Protectant on the dash, doors, and plastic surfaces; and use Zaino Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner and Z-10 Leather in a Bottle on the leather surfaces.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.