Cadillac accessory sport grille for 2012
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By arw1510
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Cadillac accessory sport grille for 2012 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Does anyone have any real pictures of the sport grille? Part number 22822576 the website lists it as bright finish, ...
    arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

Cadillac accessory sport grille for 2012

Does anyone have any real pictures of the sport grille? Part number 22822576 the website lists it as bright finish, while some say its solid black. The picture on the website sucks so I was looking to see if anyone has another picture of it. I've already painted my stock one black but the continuous rock chips are bugging me

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: Cadillac accessory sport grille for 2012

The outer frame is body color while the mesh behind is chrome.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

arw1510, I posted some info in a similar thread in the general discussion forum.
    Here's the link to it: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3572138

Quote Originally Posted by RAB
    arw1510, I posted some info in a similar thread in the general discussion forum.
    Here's the link to it: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3572138
    Thanks, I commented back on that one saying that's why I'm confused as to why on the gmaccessorieszone website it says bright finish. Who knows. Maybe my dealer will have one around I can look at

Anyone find anything in this? Parts guy at the dealer had no clue

Xav8tor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    Anyone find anything in this? Parts guy at the dealer had no clue
    The link above has the answers you need. I saw one up close and it is not by any means an upgrade or any better than the stock grille. Go for an E & G mesh if you really want to improve the look of your car. They have many options and you can by them from certain authorized dealers cheaper than the GM grill and spend no more on the install either. I just did it and it looks absolutely spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav8tor

The link above has the answers you need. I saw one up close and it is not by any means an upgrade or any better than the stock grille. Go for an E & G mesh if you really want to improve the look of your car. They have many options and you can by them from certain authorized dealers cheaper than the GM grill and spend no more on the install either. I just did it and it looks absolutely spectacular.
    I as still confused by the gm accessories website saying "bright finish" which those are not. And also from other posts, there seems to be 3 different ideas of what the grill actually looks like

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    I as still confused by the gm accessories website saying "bright finish" which those are not. And also from other posts, there seems to be 3 different ideas of what the grill actually looks like
    Honestly, I wanted a GM part as an upgrade, but like I said, I went to a dealer that had one and looked at it closely. The GM website and catalog are simply misleading, if not totally incorrect.

I could describe it three different ways too: all four letter words. The aftermarket options are far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav8tor View Post
    I could describe it three different ways too: all four letter words. The aftermarket options are far superior.
    Your opinion is your opinion, I think the aftermarket ones look like shit, aka the reason why I wanted something similar to what I have, just trying to find a legit picture of their so called "bright finish" grill. One person says the grates are chromed, while the rest is body colored, which I don't believe, then someone else says its the same but without the chrome running vertical, and on and on. I liked it when I painted my stock one black and left the chrome, but no matter what kind of paint I use, after 2 months of driving, its chip city on the paint.
    holdemhigh likes this.

Just do a search for a local car with the touring package or find a parts dept. with one in stock, have them take a few pics, and see for yourself like I did. As for the aftermarket grilles I'm talking about, that must mean you think the stock grilles on the V's look like crap too, because that's exactly what many of the E & G's look like, except they're much higher quality. I wanted to stick with an "official" GM grille too, but the so-called sport grille on the touring package coupe was not black, and certainly not aggressive looking, as it's marketed to be. Part of the confusion is the possibility that the GM accessory sport grille, and the one in the touring package, are not the same, but I've seen both, and neither looked that much different than stock to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav8tor View Post
    Just do a search for a local car with the touring package or find a parts dept. with one in stock, have them take a few pics, and see for yourself like I did. As for the aftermarket grilles I'm talking about, that must mean you think the stock grilles on the V's look like crap too, because that's exactly what many of the E & G's look like, except they're much higher quality. I wanted to stick with an "official" GM grille too, but the so-called sport grille on the touring package coupe was not black, and certainly not aggressive looking, as it's marketed to be. Part of the confusion is the possibility that the GM accessory sport grille, and the one in the touring package, are not the same, but I've seen both, and neither looked that much different than stock to me.
    Per RAB, the part numbers from the accessory website and the one included in the touring package, do not match up.

I like the ones on the V but since they are a different shape, in a different bumper, and different hood , it works. I think just have a mesh grill for the regular bumper is too big.

I've tried two dealers so far and neither parts dept could tell me anything

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.