V bumper assembly
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, V bumper assembly in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Found this on ebay. not oem but may still be pretty good. Anyone bought this kit? Reasonably priced and free ...
    smca is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

V bumper assembly

Found this on ebay. not oem but may still be pretty good. Anyone bought this kit? Reasonably priced and free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400474308437...84.m1438.l2648

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

Re: V bumper assembly

Its odd how that's a V bumper but they listed as not being able to fit on a V??? Also keep in mind you will need other parts to fully integrate that into a non-V like the cooling ducts, front splash guards, lower bumper protector, and bumper absorber. AND if your car don't have the headlight washer, you will need to cover up that washer nozzle hole on the bumper. I had my body shop bondo it. But overall that is a pretty good price compared to OEM. Don't forget to add 300 for paint.

Yeah, I noticed that also. Maybe it has something to do with the absorber underneath the bumper meaning that they fabricated the bumper to cover the non V absorber. Who knows. I may send the seller a message. Anyways, you mentioned cooling ducts and front splash guards. Are those parts really necessary? I'm pretty much just want to do the bumper swap if I can.

splash guards are necessary but not the cooling ducts, as a matter of fact I upgraded my fog lights to the D3 led's and it got in the way of the cooling ducts, so I had to return them.

When you say splash guards, are you referring to the fender liner extensions? #13 on the diagram?
    Attachment 115297

That link doesn't work but its actually called the fender liner front halves. Below are the part numbers for left and right.

futurectsbuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none yet

Been thinking of this as well. Add says dierect bolt on though. I'm guessing they've fabricated it. Any response from seller? Did you mail them?

I went ahead and bought it. It's at the painters now. I ordered the front fender liners, bumper absorber, lower trim, and the emblem as well. I hope to put it all on sometime this week. Quality of the bumper seems pretty good.

Coltopdog is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

Let me know how it goes. I may grab one also.

I went into my local tire dealer today to buy tires and a dude had just pulled off in his V.
    He had taken off the V Chrome 19s and replaced with the black 20s.

I ended up buying the 19s and low mi tires.... Was a great deal at $1000.00; however-

To me the car now looks like it needs a more aggresive look to go with those wheels....IMHO.

Now im gonna spend way too much trying to make it work for me.... But definitely going with a ifferent grill.

;-)

Ok, so I did the bumper swap yesterday evening. Everything turned out ok. The only issue I have is with the way the grilles fasten to the bumper. Seems like the clips are sitting kind of loose. Some would even fall out. I used the clips from the stock grille and also ordered extras from clipsandfasteners.com. I guess I need to find a bigger clip. Other than that, I'm satisfied with the turn out. You do need to buy the V bumper absorber to make the bumper fit. However, you do not need to remove the metal tabs from the metal brace as stated in the "How to" write up. My bumper fit just fine with the tabs left on there. I'm leaning towards plasti dipping the grilles and the front lip (splitter).

futurectsbuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none yet

Pics, did you need the splash guards or did the original ones work? Thanks for being the Tester on this one...

ssrodder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS AWD, 1948 conv, 06 sts4

Quote Originally Posted by smca View Post
    Ok, so I did the bumper swap yesterday evening. Everything turned out ok. The only issue I have is with the way the grilles fasten to the bumper. Seems like the clips are sitting kind of loose. Some would even fall out. I used the clips from the stock grille and also ordered extras from clipsandfasteners.com. I guess I need to find a bigger clip. Other than that, I'm satisfied with the turn out. You do need to buy the V bumper absorber to make the bumper fit. However, you do not need to remove the metal tabs from the metal brace as stated in the "How to" write up. My bumper fit just fine with the tabs left on there. I'm leaning towards plasti dipping the grilles and the front lip (splitter).
    How long did it actually take to do the conversion? I "think" or should I say "hope" I have all the parts needed. Nose is painted, grilles and running lights are installed. What I need to do is remove stock CTS nose and install V nose and related parts. Can I do it in a weekend? What is the hardest part of the conversion? I need all the help I can get. This is my wife's car and she never uses it during the weekend. I would like to have it back together on Sunday night and say nothing. She probably will never notice I did the conversion. I only get to drive it when we go out together.

About 3 hrs. its not hard at all.

Yes, I used the V fender liners. Seems like they stick out a little more underneath to accommodate the bumper.

jmarts_cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe w/Performance Luxury Package

Any chance of having the exact list of items to purchase (preferably with links) please? Just the items that are absolutely required. Thank you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.