Cadillac Owners Forum banner

V bumper assembly

8K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  jmarts_cts 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Its odd how that's a V bumper but they listed as not being able to fit on a V??? Also keep in mind you will need other parts to fully integrate that into a non-V like the cooling ducts, front splash guards, lower bumper protector, and bumper absorber. AND if your car don't have the headlight washer, you will need to cover up that washer nozzle hole on the bumper. I had my body shop bondo it. But overall that is a pretty good price compared to OEM. Don't forget to add 300 for paint.

#3 ·
Yeah, I noticed that also. Maybe it has something to do with the absorber underneath the bumper meaning that they fabricated the bumper to cover the non V absorber. Who knows. I may send the seller a message. Anyways, you mentioned cooling ducts and front splash guards. Are those parts really necessary? I'm pretty much just want to do the bumper swap if I can.

#9 ·
Let me know how it goes. I may grab one also.

I went into my local tire dealer today to buy tires and a dude had just pulled off in his V.
He had taken off the V Chrome 19s and replaced with the black 20s.

I ended up buying the 19s and low mi tires.... Was a great deal at $1000.00; however-

To me the car now looks like it needs a more aggresive look to go with those wheels....IMHO.

Now im gonna spend way too much trying to make it work for me.... But definitely going with a ifferent grill.

;-)

#10 ·
Ok, so I did the bumper swap yesterday evening. Everything turned out ok. The only issue I have is with the way the grilles fasten to the bumper. Seems like the clips are sitting kind of loose. Some would even fall out. I used the clips from the stock grille and also ordered extras from clipsandfasteners.com. I guess I need to find a bigger clip. Other than that, I'm satisfied with the turn out. You do need to buy the V bumper absorber to make the bumper fit. However, you do not need to remove the metal tabs from the metal brace as stated in the "How to" write up. My bumper fit just fine with the tabs left on there. I'm leaning towards plasti dipping the grilles and the front lip (splitter).

#12 ·
How long did it actually take to do the conversion? I "think" or should I say "hope" I have all the parts needed. Nose is painted, grilles and running lights are installed. What I need to do is remove stock CTS nose and install V nose and related parts. Can I do it in a weekend? What is the hardest part of the conversion? I need all the help I can get. This is my wife's car and she never uses it during the weekend. I would like to have it back together on Sunday night and say nothing. She probably will never notice I did the conversion. I only get to drive it when we go out together.

#16 ·
Ok, I went and purchased the bumper kit. Now I just need an exact list of things I need to finish the job. I'm not familiar with the terminology so if anybody has a link or part number for each one, that would help a lot. Also, is it better to buy these parts at the dealer or are they available after-market?

Thank you.

----------

I found the diagram, this might be easier to identify the parts required. Can someone point out the parts I need please?

Thank you.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

#17 ·
these are all the parts you need if you purchase the bumper cover only....

fog lights #10335108
brake cooling ducts #25796005, #25858812, #25796006
fender liner front halves #25796003, #25796004
fog light bezels #25863012, #25863013
absorber #20782127
lower bumper protector #25882978
headlamp washer nozzle caps #25793667, #25793666

contact Chris @ Rippy for best prices

#20 ·
My car has the factory fog lights, I can reuse those right?
Brake cooling ducts, are they really necessary?
Fog light bezels, I thought they came with the kit?
Headlamp washer caps, I'll ask the body shop to fill those in.

So it looks like I only need the fender liners, absorber and bumper protectors? Does that sound right?

Thanks is250sp for the list.

ps. I can't use Rippy, they don't ship to Canada.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.