2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Off set rims in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just bought a cts wagon 3.6 with 4 wheel drive. I want to put staggered 20 inch rims on ...
- 05-18-13 04:37 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): CTS Wagon Premium
- Join Date
- May 2013
Off set rims
I just bought a cts wagon 3.6 with 4 wheel drive. I want to put staggered 20 inch rims on it. The guy at the Tire shop said the staggered rims on a 4 wheel drive car can mess up the transmission. How true is this?? Thanks for the help!!
- 05-18-13 04:43 PM #2Originally Posted by fasho24
- 05-18-13 05:08 PM #3
As long as you keep the revs per mile the same as stock your good.
- 05-18-13 06:47 PM #4Originally Posted by Jagillac
- 05-22-13 08:39 AM #5
Re: Off set rims
It is all about the outside diameter of the tires. Each tire has to make a complete revolution in synchronicity.
- 05-28-13 05:50 PM #6
So I can do 22s with a staggered fit?
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Crowfoot Wrenches
Crowfoot Wrenches - 8 Pcs 3/8" Dr Crowfoot Wrench Set - SAE
- PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Metric Socket Set
- PowerTorque Tools - Flare Nut Wrench Set
Flare Nut Wrench Set - 3 Piece; Metric; Includes: 10mm X 11mm, 12mm X 13mm & 15mm X 17mm