6K HID lights and Led on the brake coolers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, 6K HID lights and Led on the brake coolers in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just finished putting in 6k H.I.D lights, then I installed LED strips on each side of the brake cooler vents. ...
    CTSMOZZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

6K HID lights and Led on the brake coolers

Just finished putting in 6k H.I.D lights, then I installed LED strips on each side of the brake cooler vents.
    Blacked out the rear lights to a very dark smoke, still visible in the day and night.
    Just thought I share in case anyone is looking to modify the CTS.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

July is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Nice. Should think about blacking out grill and grey bottom part of bumper. It still looks nice

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Re: 6K HID lights and Led on the brake coolers

Looks fantastic!

Should have come like that.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSMOZZ
    Just finished putting in 6k H.I.D lights, then I installed LED strips on each side of the brake cooler vents.
    Blacked out the rear lights to a very dark smoke, still visible in the day and night.
    Just thought I share in case anyone is looking to modify the CTS.
    Where did you splice in the LEDs?

kjplumm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2008

How did you black out the tail lights? Been thinking of doing that to my black caddy.

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    Where did you splice in the LEDs?
    I ran the wires up to the fuse box and there is a ground right above that, you can put them on a fused link so when the car turns on they come on or when your lights are on they come on, very simply just be sure to have an inline fuse to be safe.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by kjplumm View Post
    How did you black out the tail lights? Been thinking of doing that to my black caddy.
    I used what everyone else uses here in Florida, and it's called night shades..... scuff up the lights with 2000 grit and spray it with the paint and keep putting as many coats until you see the desired amount of tint and then go over it with clear coat and then the next day use a cleaner wax and they stay shiny, Mine are a bit to dark but I got used to it and you can still see the lights Clearly in the day and night. Check out some Youtube vids to help you out, it's real easy just take your time.

Babalo342 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I see you have the halogen headlights, how did you wire the HIDs in? I can't figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Babalo342 View Post
    I see you have the halogen headlights, how did you wire the HIDs in? I can't figure it out
    Good question, I couldn't figure it out either lol so my local audio place ordered me a conversion kit but I also had to buy the decoder error fix module what whatever that is with it. Then it was simple plug and play, the bad part is I had to take off the whole front clip to install everything but I figured it be a great look and not many CTS owners will go through the trouble I did so I will have a different look. It does bright everything up really nice at night but my only wish was that I went with 8k HID so that way it would match my lower LED's. but I'm still happy with it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.