Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Smoked Coupe

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  McLuv1n 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got the rear lights smoked... getting the factory spoiler off was a royal pain but in the end it was worth it. Sent my lights out to Scott from smokedtailights.com since VHT wasn't even an option. He did an amazing job painting them and was very reasonably priced. This is considered "medium" tint, as it still shows a touch of red.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Cadillac cts-v

Without image effects..
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior

Json, here you go..

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Cadillac cts-v

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan

See less See more
#5 ·
The painting with return shipping was $120... best bang for the buck mod I've ever done. The finish on them is better than factory now, smooth as glass.

Considering getting the rear spoiler, could you post a picture of what your car looks like from the side? Having a hell of a time finding pics to make the decision.

Thanks in advance
Will add some more pics for you shortly.

#9 · (Edited)
I can send you the factory installation instructions and basically do the reverse of that. There's 5 studs, three of them are held on by 10mm nuts which is the easy part... the hard part is getting to the 3M tape thats sitting on top of the 3rd brake light. I used fishing line but you can only go so far because you hit the studs which go into the trunk lid. You want to cut thru as much as the 3M as possible and then use some thin plastic body trim tools and that'll help you pop the spoiler off. I'm sure there might be the "perfect" tool for something like this but I couldn't find it. Pick a really hot day and leave your car in the sun and maybe it'll come off easier than what I experienced.

Looks great! Very clean, almost like it could've been a factory upgrade!
Thanks! That's exactly what I was going for. :highfive:

Awesome car! It looks absolutely sick! I've been getting the run-around from D3 about tail lights so I contacted Scott today. After seeing that quality of work, I wouldn't hesitate to have him spray mine. Thanks for the pics!
Just wait till you get them back.. I had sent Scott my 3rd brake like with a couple pretty bad scratches on it from prying my spoiler off. When I got it back they were completely gone and the light was as smooth as a babys bottom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.