I know this has been covered before, but...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By arw1510
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, I know this has been covered before, but... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just noticed one of my license plate lights has went out. After looking on what kind of bulb to get ...
    dm16raiders is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI

Thumbs up I know this has been covered before, but...

Just noticed one of my license plate lights has went out. After looking on what kind of bulb to get I saw threads about an entire LED swap, including license plate, lights under door, and most interior lights. If anyone can provide reviews and suggestions on this it would be much appreciated such as best brand, links, pictures etc. Thanks -DM

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dm16raiders
    Just noticed one of my license plate lights has went out. After looking on what kind of bulb to get I saw threads about an entire LED swap, including license plate, lights under door, and most interior lights. If anyone can provide reviews and suggestions on this it would be much appreciated such as best brand, links, pictures etc. Thanks -DM
    I swapped out the interior and license plate lights with LEDs. For the life of me I don't know the brand as the guy who tinted my windows swapped them out.

I like them, they are brighter and whiter (as LEDs are) as opposed to the softer and yellower glow. I only mention it because it's very noticeable at night.

I like them though.

arw1510 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

Re: I know this has been covered before, but...

I don't know whats going on lately, but like 5 threads about led lights, all of which have been covered before have been posted in the past week. Its easy enough to do a search. but no matter what, the led wedge bulbs are so cheap no matter where you go it doesn't matter, if something happens just replace them again
    papanots and papanots like this.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: I know this has been covered before, but...

I got mine on ebay, they were inexpensive and I originally had them on my 2010 and then moved them to my 2012 and they are doing fine. I changed every bulb in the car including trunk and glove box. Make sure you get SMD's I think that's what they are called. They last a lot longer. The only thing to be aware of is polarity. They will only work if you plug them in correctly. The good thing if you put them in and they don't work, just turn the bulb 180 degrees and plug them in again and they will work fine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.