19" rwd wheels on awd coupe?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, 19" rwd wheels on awd coupe? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Considering the purchase of a new 2013 awd coupe Premium which comes with the unsightly 18' polished wheels. Will the ...
    07cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cts

19" rwd wheels on awd coupe?

Considering the purchase of a new 2013 awd coupe Premium which comes with the unsightly 18' polished wheels. Will the 19" f/b OEM wheels (not the V wheels) from the rwd coupe fit with no rev/mile or other issues?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    I recall seeing on here that the awd coupes with the 19s don't work out well. But hopefully someone with first hand experience can help out

Re: 19" rwd wheels on awd coupe?

.... or what about alternative 18" wheels to replace the crappy ones that come with the AWD?

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by 07cts
    .... or what about alternative 18" wheels to replace the crappy ones that come with the AWD?
    I stayed with the OEM measurements.

Katie (the former Cadillac Rep on this site) promised to check with GM engineers to see what could be swapped but I never heard back from her. I just didn't want to take a chance with the AWD system.

There aren't a lot of options for the OEM measurements (diameter, width and offset).

Here is a link to an album. These are Lorenzo WL28s.

Not the best pictures. I need to snap some with my digital SLR. They were all taken on an iPhone. A couple were taken the night I got the wheels while the car was still dirty. The others were taken a couple of days later when I was able to wash it.

http://opa.cig2.usa.canon.com/s/m/Cu4G7PR8gns

I guess I should have said for a white car

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    I stayed with the OEM measurements.

Katie (the former Cadillac Rep on this site) promised to check with GM engineers to see what could be swapped but I never heard back from her. I just didn't want to take a chance with the AWD system.

There aren't a lot of options for the OEM measurements (diameter, width and offset).

Here is a link to an album. These are Lorenzo WL28s.

Not the best pictures. I need to snap some with my digital SLR. They were all taken on an iPhone. A couple were taken the night I got the wheels while the car was still dirty. The others were taken a couple of days later when I was able to wash it.

http://opa.cig2.usa.canon.com/s/m/Cu4G7PR8gns

wildman9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4
    Quote Originally Posted by arw1510
    I recall seeing on here that the awd coupes with the 19s don't work out well. But hopefully someone with first hand experience can help out
    I have a 2009 CTS4 and went with 245/45/19 front and 275/40/19 rear, 2 years ago and no issues. I put snow tires on the stock 18" rims for winter driving and that worked out great.

Is that a coupe or sedan?

Quote Originally Posted by wildman9 View Post
    I have a 2009 CTS4 and went with 245/45/19 front and 275/40/19 rear, 2 years ago and no issues. I put snow tires on the stock 18" rims for winter driving and that worked out great.

spind is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by 07cts
    Is that a coupe or sedan?
    The coupe was released as a 2011 so it must be a sedan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.