08-12 CTS Black Projector Headlights with SMD DRL....(Thoughts) - Page 6
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 114
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, 08-12 CTS Black Projector Headlights with SMD DRL....(Thoughts) in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by ajazolino My replacement lights will be here Friday. Bulbs will be here Thursday. Install will probably be ...
  1. #76
    Pluto3's Avatar
    Pluto3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS(Pluto)
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    TX
    Age
    29
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by ajazolino View Post
    My replacement lights will be here Friday. Bulbs will be here Thursday. Install will probably be next week when I have time. Can't wait.
    Good 2 hear! I've dropped my bumper so many times its quick and easy now. Not a hastle like some may think.

  2. #77
    ajazolino's Avatar
    ajazolino is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluto3 View Post
    Good 2 hear! I've dropped my bumper so many times its quick and easy now. Not a hastle like some may think.
    I know. It's actually very simple. I don't even take the bottom pins out. It's really unnecessary. Takes me 10 mins to drop the bumper tops.

  3. #78
    Pluto3's Avatar
    Pluto3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS(Pluto)
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    TX
    Age
    29
    Posts
    55
    Same here....I never took the bottom pins out. When I had a recall fixed at the dealer they were telling me how long it takes them...I told them it never takes me that long! Long story short I let them win the argument and drove the hell outta the loaner CTS they gave me!

  4. #79
    json3144's Avatar
    json3144 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Black Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St Louis MO
    Age
    33
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by ajazolino
    It's no problem. I ordered an h1 kit thru ddm tuning. Since I already have the ballasts, I just ordered the bulbs, and I'll keep the extra h9 bulbs for the stock headlight.
    So I got all my stuff in, the H1 kit it got, the bulb is too big to slide into the projector housing. Did you have to modify yours to work? It fits fine in the high beam at the bottom.

  5. #80
    ajazolino's Avatar
    ajazolino is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by json3144 View Post
    So I got all my stuff in, the H1 kit it got, the bulb is too big to slide into the projector housing. Did you have to modify yours to work? It fits fine in the high beam at the bottom.
    How is the bulb too big? Too long or too wide? If its too wide just turn it until it fits in nicely. I haven't gotten my stuff yet so I hope I don't run into any problems.

  6. #81
    json3144's Avatar
    json3144 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Black Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St Louis MO
    Age
    33
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by ajazolino

    How is the bulb too big? Too long or too wide? If its too wide just turn it until it fits in nicely. I haven't gotten my stuff yet so I hope I don't run into any problems.
    It's too wide... Opening in the projector housing is much tighter than the high beam. Gonna spend some more time on it at home tonight. grrrrr

  7. #82
    bronik90's Avatar
    bronik90 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe - 3.6l DI AWD
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Age
    24
    Posts
    101
    After scanning through this thread, I feel as though these lights aren't worth the trouble. LEDs aren't DRLs, cheap looking, condensation issues, bulbs won't fit. Doesn't seem like a quality product to me.

  8. #83
    Pdabs's Avatar
    Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    31
    Posts
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by bronik90
    After scanning through this thread, I feel as though these lights aren't worth the trouble. LEDs aren't DRLs, cheap looking, condensation issues, bulbs won't fit. Doesn't seem like a quality product to me.
    I think it's a nice upgrade over non xenon factory lights.
    If still rather spend a little more and get factory xenon headlights (which is what I did)

  9. #84
    Pluto3's Avatar
    Pluto3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS(Pluto)
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    TX
    Age
    29
    Posts
    55
    Its always good to have something to set your car apart from the rest.

  10. #85
    json3144's Avatar
    json3144 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Black Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St Louis MO
    Age
    33
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by bronik90
    After scanning through this thread, I feel as though these lights aren't worth the trouble. LEDs aren't DRLs, cheap looking, condensation issues, bulbs won't fit. Doesn't seem like a quality product to me.
    I had the OEM Xenon headlights on my all black coupe. As great as the lights were, I always wanted black housings. Since baking them seems like its not an option, I went with these lights. While they present some pros and cons, I was able to get my HID kit to work, and the fitment is solid. They may not be for everyone, but as long as the moisture isn't an issue moving forward, I think the mod is well worth the $300.

    image-3126818602.jpg

  11. #86
    Pluto3's Avatar
    Pluto3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS(Pluto)
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    TX
    Age
    29
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by json3144 View Post

    I had the OEM Xenon headlights on my all black coupe. As great as the lights were, I always wanted black housings. Since baking them seems like its not an option, I went with these lights. While they present some pros and cons, I was able to get my HID kit to work, and the fitment is solid. They may not be for everyone, but as long as the moisture isn't an issue moving forward, I think the mod is well worth the $300.

    <img src="http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107766"/>
    You got a nice dark vader look goin....

  12. #87
    ajazolino's Avatar
    ajazolino is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    235
    Ok. Got the replacement lights. Looks like its sealed better. Hids went in perfectly. I did 12000k 55w in the highs and lows. Will take pics at night

  13. #88
    json3144's Avatar
    json3144 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Black Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St Louis MO
    Age
    33
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by ajazolino
    Ok. Got the replacement lights. Looks like its sealed better. Hids went in perfectly. I did 12000k 55w in the highs and lows. Will take pics at night
    Let me know if you have to adjust your beams, mine appear to be shooting too low

  14. #89
    ajazolino's Avatar
    ajazolino is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    235
    Yea. Mine are low too. And these replacements also have condensation in them. Ran the car thru a wash and they are fogged up again. I figured these lights were too good to be true

  15. #90
    Pdabs's Avatar
    Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    31
    Posts
    587
    Buy aquarium silicone and run a strip around the lights.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting