Need to buy this. Whats it called?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shmiddy
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Need to buy this. Whats it called? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I need to buy this part, but I have no idea what to search to order it. I want an ...
    HTX
    HTX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.0

Need to buy this. Whats it called?

I need to buy this part, but I have no idea what to search to order it. I want an all black one. Because I'm buying all black rims and then im blacking out the tail lights. So I really dont want a dark grey of whatever this is. lol.

Second though: should i paint it?
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Valance/diffuser. Everyone has their own name for it. From Cadillac they are all that grey color no matter the car color. Some of the aftermarket stuff replaces it. I painted mine black to match the car and many other people have. Search for it in here a the rear lower valance or diffuser or something like that and you'll find it.

shmiddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 DI CTS

Re: Need to buy this. Whats it called?

Try plasti Dip
    I did it all over and it looks great
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...all-black.html

HTX

Thanks arw! I foud some after searching for that. And, shimiddy, i was thinking about plastic dipping them, but I live in Houston. If you knew the weather down here, OMG, you would hate it. It the stickiest, hot, but randomly cold af city on earth. Most bi polar, by far. I plastic dipped a few things on my friends Jeep, and it has to get re-done every month or two...

And, Wow! your car looks amazing! Have you had to re-do it since 9/2012? If not, I'm definitely going all in with the plastic dip!

Well im in ottawa canada.. so we get the hottest of hots to the coldest of colds haha
    All the dip still looks amazing. I have one spot on my passenger side chrome trim around the door to touch up: i think someone used the snow brush a little to aggressively
    But i bought the plasti dip thinner so i wont have to peel it all off, just repair 1 spot
    I dont know why your weather would affect the dip. hopefully you did it right
    1bern likes this.

HTX

If there a specific way i should do it? I bought a case of the plasti dip today. So, I got more than enough cans. I just want to make sure that I can tape up all the parts i dont want to hit with the dip. How did you do it so perfectly? I REALLLLLY want to get started on the dipping, ASAP! lol, PLZ let me know!

Like i said spend an hour on youtube watching "fonzie" and dip your car. his early videos cover the simple technique of application. lights, but many coats.
    Shoot the spray can from all angles on the same surface
    Mask an inch larger than what you want. a nice big extra spray will make it easier to peel away
    Use directions on the can for time between layers
    Clean the surface super good. and DRY DRY DRY with paper towels. you cant have a drop of water it will ruin everything.
    OOh and place drop sheets all over your car... the dip over sprays ALOT on places you dont even think it will hit and you'll be finding little black specs everywhere. Yes they come off easy but why make extra work

HTX

Alright, so I'm going to start today. I'll be taking pictures, and I'll post them here, hopefully your guidelines and steps help me! if i'm doing anything wrong, HELP! Lol.

Crippler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts premium
    It's so easy ! Just spray it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.