Opinion on MOTHERS Mag & Aluminum Polisher
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By danoh123
  • 2 Post By danoh123
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Opinion on MOTHERS Mag & Aluminum Polisher in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Amazon has raving review of this product. I have 18" 2010 OEM polished alloy wheels. It seems like from the ...
    danoh123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 Premium AWD

Opinion on MOTHERS Mag & Aluminum Polisher

Amazon has raving review of this product. I have 18" 2010 OEM polished alloy wheels. It seems like from the very positive review that it works great: almost chrome look to them wheels after.

I was wondering if anyone experienced negative impact on the wheels on long term basis? My concern is whether there is a clear protective coating on top of polished wheels and whether this product will remove them and cause the polished look became dull looks after long use.
    wmillar and wmillar like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wmillar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Re: Opinion on MOTHERS Mag & Aluminum Polisher

I have been using Mothers Aluminum and Mag Polish for years. The clear coat has not come off on my polished aluminum wheels on my 2008 CTS, the clear coat is not just sprayed on it is either baked on or electrically transmitted to the wheels. You can buy Mothers polish at any Automotive store.

6.2/3.6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

Also go ahead and buy the polishing ball that you can attach to a drill or dremel tool. Makes life a whole easier.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

That stuff is for bare metal not clear coated wheels, Mother's site will even tell you not to use it on clear coated wheels because it is abrasive and can prematurely wear down the clear coat
    I only use that stuff on my exhaust tips.

I use plastic polish on clear coated wheels.

danoh123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 Premium AWD

OK, I bought it and tried. Left picture is car just washed and right picture is after polished and with Meguiar's Gold Class High Gloss Tire Protectant Gel
    IMG_0310.JPGIMG_0313.JPG
    6.2/3.6 and 6.2/3.6 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.