Door projectors
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Door projectors in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I saw these door projectors that are mounted underneath the doors and replace the factory courtesy lights. The auto tinting ...
    jlpz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver 2011 CTS sedan Cts-V clone

Door projectors

I saw these door projectors that are mounted underneath the doors and
    replace the factory courtesy lights. The auto tinting place nearby charges $100 per door.
    I found them on E-you know where for $20 and it took me just under an hour to install.
    They are nice solidly built aluminum body led projectors.

Attachment 105140
    Projectors with hole saw

Attachment 105143
    Door courtesy light

Attachment 105142
    Installed

Attachment 105141
    End result

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

Re: Door projectors

Clever. How is the logo created? Does it come built into the light assembly?

Yes, it is inside almost like a laser pointer, you can't see the logo by looking into the lens.
    you can only see it projected when it's turned on.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

That looks cool. Care to do a more detailed writeup? Do you just take out the original lights, hog out the hole and wire these in? I can't tell by the pics. That holesaw looks huge in the picture.

Bigone726 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

I agree more detail please.Do you have to pull the door panel? I have such bad luck with door panels it seems,but I do think they are awesome!
    Gomaz likes this.

Hammerhead100 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Performance Sedan

Very interesting... Here is a link to some nice ones

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...MP=1017GUQH9DK

Bigone726 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

I'm looking for directions or pics on how they are installed I will buy mine of E--- Any idea where I can find that?

I will be glad to make a more detailed write up when I can spend some time
    at my desktop. I took pictures of every step.
    The hole saw and leds are only about 3/4 inch diameter so it is just a small hole. I
    drilled and mounted them about 4" away from the courtesy lights. They come with like 4 foot long cables
    so I just spliced and wired them into the courtesy light wires (blue is negative and black is positive) silly GM color code.
    l then wrapped up the excess and tucked it neatly in the door panes. Also I didn't even need to remove the panels
    I just pulled the bottom of the door panels away easily with my fingers just far enough to screw the nuts on the back of
    the lights. since the doors just have those push fasteners it was simple. I just disconnected the plugs from the courtesy
    light bulbs so if I want them on I just plug them back in. everything on the bottom of
    the doors looks clean and stock. I just searched Ebay for door projectors.
    They also have sports teams and superhero emblems available, I'm installing the Bulls logo ones on my brother's
    Nissan and Gmc ones on my dad's
    Denali this weekend and my nephew has a set of autobots ones on order.

They are full color and the details on the projected image are very clear and they are well built, they actually are built like
    small Mag light flashlights. I've had alot of people ask me what they are and where to get them.

Cuest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance w/Red & Carbon Interior

$100? You can get these on ebay for much less. I have them installed on my '12 coupe and yes they are the same ones. If anyone is going to order them make sure you get the 4th or 5th generation ones. Those look like the older ones which large and long which makes them more difficult to install.

Here is a shot of it installed.
    WP_20130101_007.jpg
    Gomaz and Karlvein song like this.

[QUOTE=Cuest;3252576]$100? You can get these on ebay for much less. I have them installed on my '12 coupe and yes they are the same ones. If anyone is going to order them make sure you get the 4th or 5th generation ones. Those look like the older ones which large and long which makes them more difficult to install.

They wanted $100 per door. I got mine for I think $25 for both sides. They do attract alot of attention.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

If you look them up on ebay, they direct you to the detailed instruction steps. The door panels do need to come off.

Cuest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance w/Red & Carbon Interior

I never took off the door panels. They do not need to come off. Total installation for me was about 45min for both sides. Just pop off the bottom clips so that you can just fit your hand in the door panel. It really is simple.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

I did some looking over the weekend...there are apparently different quality levels with these lights. One I saw was a comparison video of GTR Lighting vs one of the cheapo ones on ebay. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGcsL8gNfUc It is interesting the quality difference in the Corvette logo that he shows in the video. So now I'm on a quest for good quality at the best price possible. After seeing the comparison he did, I'm kinda scared of any of the $25 ones I see online.

Yes, Cuest is right I've done my Cts, a Denali, and an Altima. I didn't need to remove any of the
    door panels, although the Denali took a few minutes longer because I had to remove 2 screws.
    My car and the Altima had the newer generation projectors but the Denali was 1st generation. He got those for $15
    They were a little bigger and I didn't like that the lenses were all sloppy inside and the logo would
    move around when tapped on. I took some modeling glue and glued the lenses and logo in place. They are good now.
    This was aggravating and time consuming. Spend the 5 or 10 dollars more and get the newer generation ones.

tr's-cts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts

Those are pretty cool.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.