Door projectors - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Door projectors in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Sweet!...
    Bobby VW is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Sweet!

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: Door projectors

How do you orient how the projector will illuminate. Do you just twist the light so the image points to the front of the car or to the side of the car or any other position.

jlpz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver 2011 CTS sedan Cts-V clone

You place it in the hole which is a snug fit and then you angle it where you want, then tighten the nut on the back side of the projector.
    once tight, they aren't going anywhere.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I think one of those would look awesome shining down in the center of my trunk

i bought a set of the door projectors. since I knew I wouldn't be using the courtesy light any more, I simply drilled the mounting hole right through the center of the light housing. I then ran the wire to the bulb connector plug and soldered the wires there. The factory power plug still connects to the courtesy light like stock, so if I ever have to remove the projectors all I have to do is replace the courtesy light put in a bulb and go. By the projectors were a very cool mod and they look great.
    Tbbt, Tbbt and migs109 like this.

DarkN1gh7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

These things are dope! Just ordered a set, I went with the 4th gen instead of the 5th gen as my car is black on black and wanted the black housing and mount opposed to the gold. I believe it was only 38mm in length so I dont think clearance will be an issue.

Second question: What if you wanted to put these on all 4 doors or doors without courtesy lights? After telling a buddy about them he wants to put some Chevy ones on his truck. I was thinking instead of tapping into the door light you could tap into the window motor lines instead but just the sound of that sketches me out. Maybe I am just overly cautions, someone more skilled in the electrical department care to help a brotha out?

hngacurv is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Nice. I just may have to order up a set.

if you tap into the power window motor, one of two things will happen. Either the lights will stay on all of the time or will onl work when the windows go up or down.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkN1gh7 View Post
    These things are dope! Just ordered a set, I went with the 4th gen instead of the 5th gen as my car is black on black and wanted the black housing and mount opposed to the gold. I believe it was only 38mm in length so I dont think clearance will be an issue.

Second question: What if you wanted to put these on all 4 doors or doors without courtesy lights? After telling a buddy about them he wants to put some Chevy ones on his truck. I was thinking instead of tapping into the door light you could tap into the window motor lines instead but just the sound of that sketches me out. Maybe I am just overly cautions, someone more skilled in the electrical department care to help a brotha out?

bronik90 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe - 3.6l DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead100 View Post
    Very interesting... Here is a link to some nice ones

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...MP=1017GUQH9DK
    No need to pay more for the Oracle ones. They're identical to the ones you can get on E........ you know.

pacman2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black 2008 CTS Premium

Mine just arrived from the E-Store....yeah! Total cost: 80$, or 20$ per door. Plus shipping (a whopping 5$).

I will be doing the install either tonight (will be showing off my motorcycle at a biker meetup...so may not get to it), or sometime tomorrow right after lunch.

Can't wait to get these installed and operational! Will post a very quick how-to with pictures for the 2008 CTS Premium. Will also do some Before / After shots.

Mike Zucker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

Pacman - besides the ones for my CTS coupe, I just ordered a set with H.D. logo - was planning on mouting them in the outer corner of the saddlebag, so I get a bar-and-shield logo on the road at night ! :-)

GProdigy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts

[QUOTE=jlpz;3252715]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuest View Post
    $100? You can get these on ebay for much less. I have them installed on my '12 coupe and yes they are the same ones. If anyone is going to order them make sure you get the 4th or 5th generation ones. Those look like the older ones which large and long which makes them more difficult to install.

They wanted $100 per door. I got mine for I think $25 for both sides. They do attract alot of attention.

Do you have a link to the $25 set you used? I'll get them right now for that....

Just go on e store and do a search for Cadillac logo door projectors. I bought a pair for $18 and see no difference between them and the more expensive models. They went in easy and they work great. They are certainly the biggest bang for the buck I've had in a while
    Mike Zucker and Mike Zucker like this.

blunted is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '94 Eldorado , '12 CTS Coupe

I just installed mine yesterday, however the light is not visible at all during the day. Same deal for everyone else, or did I just get a weak set?

Quote Originally Posted by blunted View Post
    I just installed mine yesterday, however the light is not visible at all during the day. Same deal for everyone else, or did I just get a weak set?
    Think about it for a second. If you open your door during the day; on a car without the projectors, can you see the door courtesy lights come on? The key is that for you to be able to see the projection, the surrounding light has to be darker than the projected image.
    Tbbt and Tbbt like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.