How do you find the Offset for a 2008 Cadillac CTS???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, How do you find the Offset for a 2008 Cadillac CTS??? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I am on the market for some after market 18 inch wheels for my Caddy. I'd initially thought it would ...
    mivey4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 2008

How do you find the Offset for a 2008 Cadillac CTS???

I am on the market for some after market 18 inch wheels for my Caddy. I'd initially thought it would be as simple as getting the correct wheel size but now I have to determine the correct offset for the wheel and cannot find any information for this. Can someone point me to where I can get this?

I have my eyes set on a set of wheels (5 x 120 and a 42 offset) but I am not 100% certain that this will fit my car.

Are there any owners of the 2008 Cadillac CTS in this forum that can confirm that a wheel having these specs will fit the vehicle??? Its too much of a costly investment to get wrong, especially when ordering online.

Thanks

P.S. For any readers that may suppose I have not thoroughly researched the question before posting, I actually have. But the answers have been split between 5 x 120 with a High Offset and 5 x 115 with a High Offset so my reason for this post to acquire a definitive answer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: How do you find the Offset for a 2008 Cadillac CTS???

I'm NOT a wheel bling guy, but I believe the wheel size and off set are cast into the back of your rims. use that as a guide.

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Go to tire rack. Shop wheels. They'll give you size ad offset that will fit your car. Not sure what stock offset is. Sorry

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't aware that the offset's were cast into the back of the rims but I'll remember that. I went to tire rack and it appears that they are 5 x 120. The offsets vary but 42 seems to be acceptable so I believe the wheels I'm considering are good for this model.

Greatly appreciate the assistance guys!

Black'10CTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '08 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '00 STS

5 x 120mm High Offset. If you search online enough, you will find someone that says 5 x 115mm will work but it's REALLY not a good idea. It places stress on the wheel studs and can lead to metal fatigue. I haven't measured mine yet but is seems that the stock offset is 48mm but 42mm will work just fine, the whole tire will be sticking out 6mm farther than stock. You're good!

Thanks Black'10CTS4!!! Yeah, I've seen a lot of information referencing the 5 x 115 as well. Aside from a lot of other forums, I've also found reference charts that suggested 5 x 115 as well such as:

http://www.boltpatternguide.net/Cadi..._Patterns.html
    http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse...._Reference.cfm

But I also found several other reference sites that state 5 x 120 for the 2008 models and up:

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-r...LAC&Models=CTS
    http://www.myboltpattern.com/cadilla...pattern-guide/
    http://reviews.ebay.com/ebaymotors/W...00000009549901

The ebay guide says it was (updated 03/02/13) which is very recent. These links in combination with Tire Rack and now your confirmation is more than enough for me. Guess it only goes to show that not everything on the internet is neccessarily accurate by any means.

Thanks for the reassurance!

mase803 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

Is the offset and brake clearance different on the 08 CTS. I am also getting the run around. I'm looking at some 18" rims from wheelfire.com Two different reps told me two different things. I was told that the bake clearance was a problem on the cts 08.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.