Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Question on staggered wheels for my AWD Coupe

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  gohawks63 
#1 ·
Ok so I am looking for wheels. I am trying to avoid jumping up to 19" wheels as I am not sure how that is going to work with AWD and I know there have been some issues with RWD coupes with 19" wheels.

The challenge I am having is that I am having a hard time finding wheels that are made in BOTH 18" x 8.5" AND 18" x 9".

The one tire shop said that I could get away with using an 18" x 8" wheel in front. The wheel height will be slightly higher, but according to him he says he checked with Cadillac and it shouldn't affect the AWD system.

Any thoughts?

#8 ·
gohawks63 said:
Ok so I am looking for wheels. I am trying to avoid jumping up to 19" wheels as I am not sure how that is going to work with AWD and I know there have been some issues with RWD coupes with 19" wheels.

The challenge I am having is that I am having a hard time finding wheels that are made in BOTH 18" x 8.5" AND 18" x 9".

The one tire shop said that I could get away with using an 18" x 8" wheel in front. The wheel height will be slightly higher, but according to him he says he checked with Cadillac and it shouldn't affect the AWD system.

Any thoughts?
Well. I never heard back from Katie as she was going to check with her engineering contacts.

Because of the staggered setup, the choices are limited for the coupes if you don't want to stray from the OEM wheel and tire sizes. There are more choices if you want to go to +1 sizes.

I stayed with OEM configuration primarily because I am concerned about the AWD.

This is the only decent picture I have so far.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9u5d4y8xvzsalv/image.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.