Chromed door handles and Grill Inserts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Chromed door handles and Grill Inserts in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; There has been several threads on both chromed handles and chromed grill inserts. Here are photos of both. Some of ...
    danoh123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 Premium AWD

Chromed door handles and Grill Inserts

There has been several threads on both chromed handles and chromed grill inserts. Here are photos of both. Some of you like black stealthy looks. I like bright chrome looks. I am done with chromes after this.
    IMG_2121.JPGIMG_2120.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Chromed door handles and Grill Inserts

I suggest that you buy Scotch/3M double sided outdoor tape (Extreme Mounting Tape) and put in between the space to maximize adhesion. I put the wedge shaped piece. My guess is that OEM wanted to save the amount of adhesive to put on ... Scotch/3M adhesive is expansive .. and just put the tapes at the very edges
    3m adhesive.JPG

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Looks very classy on the white

Fenster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If at some point you take off the inserts will it leave any marks on the factory grill or handles? Also did the place that sold you the grill also sell you the handles?

Answer to your first question. What one may see when the inserts are removed is urethane foam glued to the handles / grilles. The adhesive on double sided tape is tough designed for outdoor, and delamination occurs at the weakest point, double sided tape adhesive foam. The foam can be removed by strong elbow grease and rag damp with Alcohol. Alcohol WILL NOT damage the paint. Also what make cleaning easier is that the paint is Class A surface (very smooth in automotive terms) in comparison to rough surface. I am not worried.

Second question is both are sold in one place: "coast to coast international"
    Handle insert
    http://www.amazon.com/Coast-CCIDH685...3174642&sr=1-4
    I didn't buy from coast to coast international so I can't comment on the quality of the handles
    I bought them from
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/160570716571...S:3160&vxp=mtr
    Though I am happy I was not happy with the design of the handles as my Honda. Mine has some what sharper edges, but nothing to worry about. My family has not been complaining so I know it is OK.

Grille Insert
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I can't speak for the quality of handle inserts, but the quality of Grille inserts are EXCELLENT. I like them more and more as the days go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If at some point you take off the inserts will it leave any marks on the factory grill or handles? Also did the place that sold you the grill also sell you the handles?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.