Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I need some Bling

4K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  Pdabs 
#1 · (Edited)
My black CTS with all the V stuff (this is not mine) still does not do it for me in the looks department. I'm looking at V rockers, large V wheels and big brakes but that's not the problem. It's BLACK! Has no bling. The back is beautiful. The profile needs help. I'm thinking of adding fender and trunk badging with a little Red. I really like the GT-R and the Type-R badges but their taken. What I like about them is the big RED R. Maybe I will cut some up and use the R. (this photoshop is leaning to the right)

Thoughts?

EDIT: PLEASE, TO BADGE OR NOT TO BADGE IS MY DECISION. Keep it to the subject of what badge may look good. If you think none, then no reply is needed. Thanks

#4 ·
Noooooo, these are the "Super High Quality" Ebay badges.

No kidding, these would be the real thing from the GT-R or custom made. So the source has nothing to do with it.

I think you meant "Nooooooo don't do it". Thanks for the reply. That's 1 NO.

----------

Some window tint shops have machines that can make vinyl stickers in any color/script you want...give it a try, if you don't like it, they can be removed with a hair dryer.
Thanks, but I want something three-dimensional with chrome and red enamel. And they too are removable.

At least you didn't scream "how could you think of doing that to a Cadillac" at me.

I like the look. I would never consider putting the V on it in fact if mine was a V I would take the V off the door. No bling! Ugly!

GM has never learned to badge a car correctly. The Vette flags are not bad, at lease they are large, the Camero is OK with The Z28, the jury is out on the new Chevrolet SS. The CTS-V, fastest of all, has that little V on the door. My intent is not to imply the car is "R"acey. Hell I'm 70 and got over that (mostly) a long time ago. I would use a "C"lassy if it looked good. The R works.

The CTS is a Sports Sedan, SS..........Oops, it's taken.

#5 ·
Unfortunately "R" is also taken. Volvo and VW just to name two. I agree the GT-R "R" looks great as a badge. I just can't see how it could tie into the CTS and not look odd or out of place. I'm not sure how but maybe try a redesigned CTS badge? One with chrome and red as you want.

#10 ·
I knew you would show up eventually. But I did ask for thoughts. Next time I will say "constructive thoughts".

Where does it say it had to be done before? If I put a type R badge on my car there still would not be a CTS type R. I considered the Si or the type S but didn't like them.

Plus, I like the more classic Dvorak name for the CTS. In Red!

#11 ·
Mistercoffee2 said:
I knew you would show up eventually. But I did ask for thoughts. Next time I will say "constructive thoughts".

Where does it say it had to be done before? If I put a type R badge on my car there still would not be a CTS type R. I considered the Si or the type S but didn't like them.

Plus, I like the more classic Dvorak name for the CTS. In Red!
Here is a "constructive thought"

Putting badges on cars that do not belong make the car look cheap.

Take your cts badge and paint it to look like the R badge you like. Cool little project and you'll keep Cadillacs classy look.

#15 ·
OK, so I'll not make a wisecrack about maybe a yellow decal that says "Civic"...... :canttalk: :stirpot:

Come spring, i'll be adding something to my car on the c pillars....probably be a few that like it, few that don't. But hey, it's America. do what you like. As long as you like it doesn't mean I have to like it. That's why we all liked beaterz.com in the past. :D

#17 ·
Mistercoffee2, there will always be people that don't like what you do or don't do to your car. It is completely your choice. You own the car, you can do as you please to it. Don't let others get to you. Read over there post and continue to another post that might help you.

I do hope to see a redesigned CTS badge on your car soon hopefully. I think it just might be what your looking for.

#18 ·
Good advise. I don't think I'm going with CTS thou. Still have not found anything I like better then a 2" single letter or number in Red and Chrome. Using photoshop to test.

Don't remember where I got the V photo below but it is a beautiful hi-res photo to play with the look.

#19 ·
In my case, I'm going to use stock Cadillac emblems,,,just not ones that were ever paired together on these cars.

Hint for your project, if you know somebody local with a laser engraver, you can make all sorts of items on the right laser engraver. Been here, done that. I have one, and I've done all kinds of custom stuff on it. Your biggest thing is to find materials that are tolerant of outdoors and UV stable.

#21 ·
You could consider a set of gold plated badges?
I've been thinking about having the wreath and crest front and rear done but don't relish the idea of taking the old ones off and refitting. Plating in situ can be done but does the process damage the paintwork - I've seen the vodeo. Anyone with experience of either route?.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.