Splash Guards
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Splash Guards in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I know most of you don't like mud flaps / splash guards but I still wanted to try them so ...
    akamai43 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Black diamond tricoat on Black 3.6

Splash Guards

I know most of you don't like mud flaps / splash guards but I still wanted to try them so what I did was paint them to match the color of the car ( Black diamond tricoat ) and they turned out the exact same color of the car and they look great on the car. They look like they are part of the body style.

Anyway I took them off to see if I could make it a little different and wanted to post a couple of pictures to get some feedback.

One is without the cadillac symbol and the other with it to see which way I should go.

Let me know what you think, with the symbol or without or place it in a different place on the splash guard. Once I get some ideas and if I leave it on it, I will add a few more clear costs over the symbol.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: Splash Guards

My opinion is in favor of without. I think the emblem draws too much attention to a piece you are trying to blend and not noticeable.
    Hurley889 likes this.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking after looking it in the pictures. When I first placed it on there, I thought it looked good but after taking the pictures, I see what you mean.

Thanks

jimmie jam is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS LUXE

Leaving the emblem draws attention. Don't do it, my opinion. You need flaps in Cali???

LOL... I know what you mean about living in California but this year has been raining a lot and I keep washing the car 2 to 3 times a week just to keep the mud off the car.
    Plus there is a lot of construction going on around home and work with water and mud so of course with my luck, I drive through it almost every day and when I get to work and see the sides of the car, I just want to wash it then but I have to wait until after work.

danoh123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 Premium AWD

Quote Originally Posted by akamai43 View Post
    I know most of you don't like mud flaps / splash guards but I still wanted to try them so what I did was paint them to match the color of the car ( Black diamond tricoat ) and they turned out the exact same color of the car and they look great on the car. They look like they are part of the body style.

Anyway I took them off to see if I could make it a little different and wanted to post a couple of pictures to get some feedback.

One is without the cadillac symbol and the other with it to see which way I should go.

Let me know what you think, with the symbol or without or place it in a different place on the splash guard. Once I get some ideas and if I leave it on it, I will add a few more clear costs over the symbol.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Where did you buy them? I could not locate a pair any where

Cadillacbrit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6 DI Sport Luxury RHD

Here, in the UK splash guards, or mud flaps, as they are known here are really necessary in the rural areas. I got mine from our one and only Cadillac dealer in Manchester.
    GM Part 17802090 rear
    GM Part 17802089 front.

That's the same part numbers here also

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

So you are saying, that splash guards that claim to fit 2008-9 only, fit your 13?

My vote, w/o emblem.

Yes, they fit perfect.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by akamai43
    Yes, they fit perfect.
    I had them installed but took them off to paint and as soon as I get them back on, I'll post a pic.

----------

[QUOTE="akamai43"]Yes, they fit perfect.
    I had them installed but took them off to paint and as soon as I get them back on, I'll post a pic.

----------

After thinking about it, when I go to put them back on, I'll double check to make sure the dealer didn't drill new holes to make them fit. I know for sure the rear one s fit perfect, when I got to the front, it was getting dark outside so I removed the screws in the dark.

KBsCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe

these for a coupe or sedan, or in UK Saloon

Cadillacbrit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6 DI Sport Luxury RHD

Quote Originally Posted by KBsCTS View Post
    these for a coupe or sedan, or in UK Saloon
    They are for the sedan. The coupe only comes in LHD build, a shame because I would love one.

I spoke to the mech that installed mine and he said he had to trim the front ones to make them fit but the rear he didn't have to trim.
    He did a professional job because I couldn't tell they were cut.
    I just hope I get the front ones back on the same way because it is a tight fit. If not, I'll just have him put the front back on.

FFin90 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 Diamond White

I would like to do this myself. I will await your photos with them back on your car to see what they look like on the car.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

I'd go without the emblems. Do you have pics of when they were on the car? I'd really like to see how they looked on the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.