Splash Guards - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Splash Guards in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; My local dealer said 2009 splash guard would fit BETTER so I'm going to take a risk even if they ...
    danoh123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 Premium AWD

Re: Splash Guards

My local dealer said 2009 splash guard would fit BETTER so I'm going to take a risk even if they have to cut slightly or have small gap. Stay tuned.. Will post picture

maxxcad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cts coupe

Akami , Are the splash guards shown in the pictures the front or rear ? Thanks MAXXCAD
    Quote Originally Posted by akamai43 View Post
    I know most of you don't like mud flaps / splash guards but I still wanted to try them so what I did was paint them to match the color of the car ( Black diamond tricoat ) and they turned out the exact same color of the car and they look great on the car. They look like they are part of the body style.

Anyway I took them off to see if I could make it a little different and wanted to post a couple of pictures to get some feedback.

One is without the cadillac symbol and the other with it to see which way I should go.

Let me know what you think, with the symbol or without or place it in a different place on the splash guard. Once I get some ideas and if I leave it on it, I will add a few more clear costs over the symbol.

Thanks,
    Tom

vegaspanton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS coupe

Based on what I have read on this thread, I just ordered the front ones for my 2012 coupe. Despite the little piece of plastic installed by Cadillac on the forward portion of the rear fender bulge, the rock chips are starting to show up Hopefully the front splash guards will help minimize the chips. Do you think the rear ones will fit the rear of the coupe?

akamai43 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Black diamond tricoat on Black 3.6
    Max, the pictures are the ones for the rear. The ones for the front, work really well but you need to modify them to actually fit but I like the way they turned out on the front.
    The rear guards are just install and go.

Harley03joe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS Premium

They Look Great, I'm Going To Get Them For My 2011 Cadillac CTS Premium.
    Has Anyone Put A Rear Spoiler Wing On The CTS ?
    Thanks
    Harley03joe

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

harley03 joe,

Again, try eBay, but why would you want one?

Marv

Harley03joe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    harley03 joe,

Again, try eBay, but why would you want one?

Marv
    Jusr For Looks I Guess

MBambo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Sportswagon AWD Premium

Akami43,
    What model of CTS do you have? The reason for the question is, I have The Premium model 2010 CTS AWD Sportswagon which may have a slightly different rocker panel shape from the Luxury or Performance models. Out of curiosity, I went down to the dealer to see if he had the 2009 splash guards in stock to check out the fit but no, they were available for $50 but had to be special ordered. If your fitting success with the 2009 splash guards was to a Premium model, I might go ahead and place an order for the rears. I hate getting all of the winter crud all over the rear.

Harley03joe,
    Did you ever complete your intent to installing splash guards on you Premium 2012 CTS?

akamai43 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Black diamond tricoat on Black 3.6
    I don't see why they wouldn't fit the 2009 model. I have the 2013 CTS Sedan RWD Premium and when I bought them, it came with instructions that showed the years they fit and 2009 was part of the list. It didn't say any specifics like luxury, performance etc.

vaven2006 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mud flaps installed on the coupe from the sedan in 20133.jpeg[IMG][/IMG]
    Gomaz likes this.

vaven2006 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

MBambo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Sportswagon AWD Premium

I just installed rear splash guards on my 2010 CTS Wagon. The are a perfect fit with exception of the fastener hole alignment. You have to drill three new holes for each splash guard after removing the original fixture tabs.
    It will require removing the wheel for access to drill and install the screws. Process took me one hour to install the two guards. Purchsed GM part # 17802090 for $45 with free shipping on Ebay. The splash guards only come in black and my car is white. Since they are close proximity to the tires, black doesn't look bad on a white car.

CTSPiper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 3.6L AWD Sportwagon

Thanks Forum members for this valuable discussion and resource. I just took ownership of a 2010 CTS4 Sport Wagon in Red (Replacing an Audi A4 Avant Quattro wagon. CTS passed my expectations). I can see that the body panels will be subject to road debris and sand kicked up by the tires. My local dealer parts guy here in CA said splash guards were not made or available for CTS models. I will pick up a set pronto.

CTSPiper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 3.6L AWD Sportwagon

Using the GM Part #s 17802090 & 17802080, I ordered front and rear splash guards for my 2010 CTS4 Premium Sport Wagon from e-Bay. My local auto paint dealer mixed up some Crystal Red (claret) spray paint for me and some SEM flex primer. He did not list a red tint coat so I used a flex clearcoat.

Rear splash guards fit perfectly. Front ones only needed a tweak to match the corner radius of the lower rocker panel (about 1/4 inch. As you can see, I drilled 4 (3 + an extra) new holes to mount the fronts. color-matched looks good on the Wagon.

IMG_1987_1.JPG

IMG_1992_1.JPG

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

Thanks for this Thread..... I will be getting some for my 2013 - 3.6 Sedan.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.