CTS-V bumper upgrade - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, CTS-V bumper upgrade in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Well I'm thinking that is not necessary. Won't be able to see them anyway with the HID fogs. My thought ...
    Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: CTS-V bumper upgrade

Well I'm thinking that is not necessary. Won't be able to see them anyway with the HID fogs. My thought was, if the HID fogs get hot it would be better for the halos if they were off.

The halos on the headlights will be tied to the DRL which is off when headlight is on. I think? I Hope! Will test that.

Well here are my new LED DRL's. This has been a long time coming together. I looked at at least 5 different LED rings. These are 100mm with 33 High Power 3528SMD LEDs. The 8 LED's behind the DRL lens are 5050SMD LEDs on a home brew mount. My car has been down for 6 weeks. Now I can clean them up and put the V front end on. I see an end in sight. Sometime I will have to find a place for side markers, won't be in the headlight.

EDIT: As any of you that has taken your headlights apart know, the "Spray Chrome", or more likely "Dip Chrome" finish on the inside of the headlight is not clear coated and is very fragile. On my second headlight the tape used to hold the LED ring for glueing lifted a spot. Damn! One day I will go back in and have them Spray Chromed and clear coated. Has anyone used the "Chrome in a can" Looks easy on Youtube.

JusJZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Couple Manual
    Wow...looks great! Did you get the fogs on the car yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JusJZ View Post
    Wow...looks great! Did you get the fogs on the car yet?
    I put the front V bumper on the car yesterday with new xenon HID fog lamps only to find that I had received the wrong ballast and the OEM connector would not fit. So I have wires running out the fog lamp holes for the LED ring which I will install later. I will have to drop the bumper again to install the correct ballast or an adapter cable.

Nothing has come easy. The painter painted over a couple of rock chips in the front edge of the V hood and also did a less then satisfactory job on the V rear bumper. The parts and painting was a package deal at a big Chevrolet dealership. Go figure. The shop that did the front bumper did a great job so I'm having them fix the mess. Mess may be too strong a word but who paints over rock chips.

At least I'm driving my car again. I'll get back on the fogs Tuesday. Then the rear bumper and now I want the rockers as well. And don't forget the 19's. A guy at the convenance store today loved my car with the Angel Eyes. Then I had to tell him it was all fake. He said " why didn't you just buy the V". I said, good question, got $70K?

ssrodder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS AWD, 1948 conv, 06 sts4

It is not just the initial cost of the V. I have wanted a V since they were introduced. I love the look of the V. I went as far as contacting Cadillac and asking if they were going to produce a V style Cadillac with a regular LS2 or LS3 engine. They told me it was not in the works. I finally talked my wife into a CTS sedan with the idea of converting it to look like a V. The CTS is her car that I get to drive when we go out for dinner or on a trip. My vehicles consist of an 08 trailblazer SS, an 04 Chevy SSR, and a 99 Corvette. I really enjoy each one, but they all carry an insurance surcharge, plus they use premium fuel. I am not complaining. It was my decision to purchase these vehicle and I will not part with anyone of them. The CTS sedan is the most practical vehicle I own. Why shouldn't I make it look like the vehicle I want. My wife does not need 556 horsepower.

Quote Originally Posted by ssrodder View Post
    It is not just the initial cost of the V. I have wanted a V since they were introduced. I love the look of the V. Why shouldn't I make it look like the vehicle I want. My wife does not need 556 horsepower.
    I like to call mine a "Mouse in an Elephant Suit" because I also love the more aggressive look of the V and when I'm done with my sedan in will have all the V body parts, 19" V wheels and somehow 14" brakes. Plus a few things to make it my "Mouse" like Angel Eye DRLs.

I have mounted the front bumper and hood and will get the 19's Thursday. The rear bumper is back in paint shop for touch up.

I think the little brakes will look odd in the bigger wheels so I must research the possibility of V rotor and caliper swap.

What will never go on my car is the V badging. (IMHO it should have been on the finder anyway, not the door.)

Bottom line, if I had the means I would get a V and make it mine. But, like your wife, I don't need 556HP.

is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    I like to call mine a "Mouse in an Elephant Suit" because I also love the more aggressive look of the V and when I'm done with my sedan in will have all the V body parts, 19" V wheels and somehow 14" brakes. Plus a few things to make it my "Mouse" like Angel Eye DRLs.

I have mounted the front bumper and hood and will get the 19's Thursday. The rear bumper is back in paint shop for touch up.

I think the little brakes will look odd in the bigger wheels so I must research the possibility of V rotor and caliper swap.

What will never go on my car is the V badging. (IMHO it should have been on the finder anyway, not the door.)

Bottom line, if I had the means I would get a V and make it mine. But, like your wife, I don't need 556HP.
    let me know what you find out on the V caliper swap because no one can tell me if it will fit

Too Much? Three LED's out on the driver side fog ring. Replacement coming. The ones in he headlight are connected as DRL and therefore go off when headlight (or turn signal, sic) is on.

The lower ones are on with ignition and go off when fogs are on.

EDIT: This picture is a bit deceiving. The grill is not black and only the left and right sides if the headlights are black. No orange marker, painted black. And this is the first post of my car with the V hood and bumper. Notice I have no splitter. Not sure what I will do in that area yet. I also have the 19" V wheels on. 9" front and 10" rear. They came off a Coupe so the 40mm offset on the rear is a little small. May have to do an old school finder flare. Know anyone that does lead.

JusJZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Couple Manual
    Looks sick. Good work Man. Lotta hard work. That should be turning heads. Now I need to see if that can work on my 3.6, for the fog halos in their chrome fog light housing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.