2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Putco HID Bulbs on 09' CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey all, My 09' CTS came with some of the extra add-ons, sadly the HID headlights was not one of ...
- 01-21-13 02:17 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
Putco HID Bulbs on 09' CTS
My 09' CTS came with some of the extra add-ons, sadly the HID headlights was not one of them. I saw these bulbs elsewhere and wanted to see if anyone can answer this.
1. Are these the factory bulbs ( or something like them anyways ) that would come in the car from the dealership?
2. It notes there is a built in burner, does this mean I do not need ballasts? For instance you just pop the bulbs in and whalah you have the same HID setup they install at the dealer?
3. Can I put them in my 09' CTS that did not come with HIDs installed.
- 01-21-13 05:07 PM #2
Those bulbs will only fit a car that came with hid lights from factory. These bulbs have a higher kelvin rating.. It will emit a more white/ blue light than a stock bulb.
Save some money buy the HID headlight from eBay. Direct swap. That's what I did.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
SAE Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
- PowerTorque Tools - Universal Joint Set
Universal Joint Set - 3 Piece; 1/4 Inch, 3/8 Inch, 1/2 Inch
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE & Metric Socket Set
SAE & Metric Socket Set - 50 Piece; 3/8 Inch Drive