20" Staggered Wheel Dilemma on a 08 Sedan
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, 20" Staggered Wheel Dilemma on a 08 Sedan in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; OK guys here's my issue. I'm ordering some MRR wheels and going for the staggered look. The wheels I have ...
    esoteradactyl is offline Cadillac Owners Member

20" Staggered Wheel Dilemma on a 08 Sedan

OK guys here's my issue. I'm ordering some MRR wheels and going for the staggered look. The wheels I have chosen are available in 3 different offsets for the front and 2 in the back. The wheel sizes are 20x8.5 and 20x10.
    Just need some opinions on what would be best fit

20x85 245/35/20
    +35
    +40
    +45

20x10 285/30/20
    +40
    +45

I will most likely be lowering with either the d3 springs or the eibach's. Just need to figure out the offsets so I don't run into any rubbing issues. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Grundini is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts4
    Look at my post in the other recent wheels thread. I went 35 front and 45 rear offset. I used 9 and 9.5s and only went to 275's but could have easily gone to 285's having seen them on.

Re: 20" Staggered Wheel Dilemma on a 08 Sedan

Well I went down to a local wheel shop today and got some info. They recommend a 35mm offset in the front with 255/35/20 and 40mm offset in the back with 285/30/20.

Grundini is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts4
    Quote Originally Posted by esoteradactyl View Post
    Well I went down to a local wheel shop today and got some info. They recommend a 35mm offset in the front with 255/35/20 and 40mm offset in the back with 285/30/20.
    I think the 40mm will be too shallow, my 45s are perfectly placed with the 35 fronts and there is plenty of room. Also makes the car look more aggressive, but won't be much difference. Depends on the rim width as well I guess.

Char T A is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Grundini View Post
    I think the 40mm will be too shallow, my 45s are perfectly placed with the 35 fronts and there is plenty of room. Also makes the car look more aggressive, but won't be much difference. Depends on the rim width as well I guess.
    Actually +40mm will stick out further than a +45mm . less is more aggessive as the offset is moving the wheel center out and sucking the wheel in. I have +40 on Sedan CTS4 w/ 20x10 and they are flush as hell I also did 295/30.

futurectsbuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none yet

Are you lowered? What brand and wheel do you have? Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Char T A View Post
    Actually +40mm will stick out further than a +45mm . less is more aggessive as the offset is moving the wheel center out and sucking the wheel in. I have +40 on Sedan CTS4 w/ 20x10 and they are flush as hell I also did 295/30.

----------

Nevemind, I saw your posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Char T A View Post

Char T A is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Sedan
    Now that I saw you want to lower I might say the +45 because my +40 on 20x10 would be awfully close if lowered not sure if it would rub.

Well the wheel shop has assured me there wont be any problems. Luckily I am buying everything directly from them, so if there's an issue they will resolve it. I will definitely report my findings here so others can use it for future reference.

The wheels i chose to go with! wheel.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.