Why can't the 19" summer tire and wheel package be used on a 2013 CTS AWD coupe.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Why can't the 19" summer tire and wheel package be used on a 2013 CTS AWD coupe. in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Why can't the 19" summer tire and wheel package be used on a 2013 CTS AWD coupe....
    interiortrend is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Why can't the 19" summer tire and wheel package be used on a 2013 CTS AWD coupe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jpsomnermd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe 3.6 Performance

Re: Why can't the 19" summer tire and wheel package be used on a 2013 CTS AWD coupe.

Here's a hint: start by searching wheel sizes of the various models.

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Re: Why can't the 19" summer tire and wheel package be used on a 2013 CTS AWD coupe.

My guess is GM couldn't find an all-season tire set-up in those sizes. You can get them on the sedan/wagon because they're the same size on all 4 corners. You get Goodyear RSA2s.

49lukester09 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by interiortrend View Post
    The performance(summer)tire and wheel package on the coupe rotate equally front and rear. On the stock 18'' tire and wheel package on the AWD coupe the front wheels rotate 4 times more per mile than the rear. Now can you run the 19'' performance tire and wheels on the AWD coupe without adverse effects? I'm sure its been done. And can you run the CTS V tire and wheel package where the rear tires rotate app. 4 times more per mile than the front. Any adverse effects with that setup? Anyone who has done either setup can you reply?

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by 49lukester09 View Post
    The performance(summer)tire and wheel package on the coupe rotate equally front and rear. On the stock 18'' tire and wheel package on the AWD coupe the front wheels rotate 4 times more per mile than the rear. Now can you run the 19'' performance tire and wheels on the AWD coupe without adverse effects? I'm sure its been done. And can you run the CTS V tire and wheel package where the rear tires rotate app. 4 times more per mile than the front. Any adverse effects with that setup? Anyone who has done either setup can you reply?
    Yes you can. The staggered 19" setup the RWD Coupe rotate equally front and rear as you stated. If you look at the sedan/wagon, they run the same tire size all the way around, so they rotate equally as well.

My father runs the factory staggered 19" summer tires on his AWD coupe without any issues.

Beams27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS4 Coupe 3.6

I was wondering the same....any other feedback on this??? I want a nicer wheel on my car and I like the stock 19 inch caddy wheel because the 18's on my AWD coupe are fugly. Also if i was to go to a discount tire to get an aftermarket 19inch wheel and tire would they know the proper wheels being that there is the front tire vs back tire rotation disconnect??

TrimThis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 TG CTS Coupe

I sold my stock performance wheels to a guy in MI who runs them on a AWD. I think people buy AWD cars for traction in snow conditions, so if you put summer tires on this time of year they will be useless. Why not run your 18's this winter and have another set ready for spring?

49lukester09 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

So can the CTS V coupe wheels and tires be run on the AWD coupe without problems. Anyone running this setup?

TrimThis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 TG CTS Coupe

I ran the V wheels with my perforamce tires for awhile. The performance summer tires have the same dia front and rear [245/275]. The 275's on a 10" wheel are a little small but work. Now I have Invo [255/285] tires, same size as the V coupe. These are not equal dia and I'm not sure about using on a AWD. Mine is RWD.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.