for you folks that did the V bumper conversion.......
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By is250sp
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, for you folks that did the V bumper conversion....... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; 1. were you able to use any of the non-V parts? I read that the fog lights could be carried ...
    is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

for you folks that did the V bumper conversion.......

1. were you able to use any of the non-V parts? I read that the fog lights could be carried over but can someone confirm that?
    2. what did you do to the headlight washer hole on the bumper? is there a part to cover it, or did your body shop bondo it?
    3. the area rigth next to the fog light.....is there a part to cover it like on the non-V, or is that left open?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bronik90 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe - 3.6l DI AWD
    Bump

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Why was this started and why is it being bumped? Go to the sticky section. DIY thread. There is a complete write up on doing front and rear v conversion.

Re: for you folks that did the V bumper conversion.......

I am aware of the DIY but it didn't address my concerns. However I was able to pm the person that posted the DIY and he was kind enough to answer them

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Really? Because I'm pretty sure it would have....
    Don't feel like breaking down your post but just look at #1
    Cool glad you got it resolved.

Actually I am glad I pm'd him the same questions because tells me he wasn't 100% sure the non-v fogs would fit the v bumper, hence, the reason to ask the folks of this community to confirm but its ok. I've been members of enough forums to know there are always those group of people who always reply with "try the search function"
    CharlieB and CharlieB like this.

hungryhobo82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS coupe

Cool Re: for you folks that did the V bumper conversion.......

Thanks for your post, I was wondering the same thing and I am going to order the parts today. Could you let me know what you found out about the non v fog lights fitting the v bumper and what to do with the light washers? I would appreciate any help ASAP. I have my 2012 CTS Coupe pulled apart and I need to deiced to stay stock or go for the v bumper. I bought a V hood, but it will not close on the non-v grill, despite many people who claim its a direct swap. I guess GM changed the Hood for the 2012 models? I noticed that they have a 2nd gen hood on GM parts.com

Quote Originally Posted by hungryhobo82 View Post
    Thanks for your post, I was wondering the same thing and I am going to order the parts today. Could you let me know what you found out about the non v fog lights fitting the v bumper and what to do with the light washers? I would appreciate any help ASAP. I have my 2012 CTS Coupe pulled apart and I need to deiced to stay stock or go for the v bumper. I bought a V hood, but it will not close on the non-v grill, despite many people who claim its a direct swap. I guess GM changed the Hood for the 2012 models? I noticed that they have a 2nd gen hood on GM parts.com
    I cant answer if the non-V fogs will fit the V bumper because I decided to go with these fog lights http://www.ebay.com/itm/D3-Brake-Coo...e5fc94&vxp=mtr

However, you can go ahead and order all of the parts and just return the ones you dont need. I dealt with Chris @ Rippy and not only will you get a great deal, he is a pleasure to work with.

As for the ligth washers, I ordered them thinking it will cover the hole in the bumper but it doesn't. So I decided to have my body shop bondo the hole on the bumper and I returned the parts. I think if you actually had the hose to connect to the washer cover that may work but I didnt try that route.

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by is250sp View Post
    I've been members of enough forums to know there are always those group of people who always reply with "try the search function"
    That's how he keeps his post numbers up. He's probably never done a mod and has no idea how the questions pile up. Or should I search first to see if that's true.

I'm also doing the mod and have most of the parts. I need 1/2 of the right side cooling vent and the two "bright" rings for the fogs. I also need the splitter parts but may go aftermarket. At this point I cannot answer your question about the fogs fitting and my original bumper has headlight washers. I will continue to post here and on the original mod post as I go through this mod. Please do the same to help out a fellow modded.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.