Those Rear Reflectors - Can They Be Lit??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Those Rear Reflectors - Can They Be Lit?? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just looked at the rear reflectors on my 2011 Sedan. You know, the one's at the lower rear of ...
    UR LZN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS AWD

Those Rear Reflectors - Can They Be Lit??

I just looked at the rear reflectors on my 2011 Sedan. You know, the one's at the lower rear of the car. They are true reflectors and not just lamp housings without wiring. Anyone convert these to actual lamps? I can do the wiring but need to know where to get the housing. I'd like to wire it to my CHMSL - especially since my CHMSL now has a flasher, then solid-on module.

Also, my son modified the reflectors on his Grand Cherokee - it REALLY gets the attention of the person behind you!

So, any helkp on converting those reflectors to an actual lamp housing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Deucedog is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 4

Re: Those Rear Reflectors - Can They Be Lit??

I'm looking to do the same thing. I did see somewhere last year that the European model has a different valance panel the includes red lighting. However, the lights are more to the middle of the valance as opposed to the outsides. I'm trying to search for it now. If you find the link, let me/us know please.s1_RearFogLights.JPG

Deucedog is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 4

I'm looking to do the same thing. I did see somewhere last year that the European model has a different valance panel the includes red lighting. I'm trying to search for it now. If you find the link, let me/us know please.
    Attachment 101407

TrimThis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 TG CTS Coupe

Mine are tinted along with the rest of the tails, but I like that look. I would think you could purchase from Cadillac. Good luck and see if they will fit the coupes also.

UR LZN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS AWD

My son has a Jeep Cherokee with a similar situation - he found a wiring kit making it plug-n-play - it looks Awesome! I found a set of stop-light LED module (running and stop) that just fits. I'll need to punch a small hole in the valance for the wires and for mounting, then wire it to the talis... That should do it!...

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by UR LZN View Post
    My son has a Jeep Cherokee with a similar situation - he found a wiring kit making it plug-n-play - it looks Awesome! I found a set of stop-light LED module (running and stop) that just fits. I'll need to punch a small hole in the valance for the wires and for mounting, then wire it to the talis... That should do it!...
    How about so pictures of the parts and install. thanks

FBaby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI

Quote Originally Posted by UR LZN View Post
    The SRT8 has an actual light housings while the CTS just has reflectors! It can not be done unless you fabricate a custom housing for it or find something to use instead...On the plus side, there is holes already there so you wouldnt have to drill!

rocketeer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Check with Luke from Lindsay. He got me a pair earlier this year for my V sedan. They are European rear fog LED lamps that mount right in the fascia.

Did you have to buy the European valance as well, it looks like it has the same reflectors as US models and the rear fogs are in a different location.

I am using the original valence I'm not even sure about a European Valance. They will actually replace the reflectors that are in the valence. The multi function switch stalk on the steering column is different for the Euro version as it has a seperate switch function just for the rear fogs. I am not changing it I will wire the lamps to a seperate switch or to the front fog switch.

The pictures of the European rear fog lights show them to be longer (wider) so I'm wondering how these simply replace the US spec reflectors. Do you have the part numbers? thanks

My bad I mis-spoke. They directly mount where the existing mesh is. I have seen pics of a set that were mounted behind the mesh which is what I am planning to do. I will send part no's when I get home tonight.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.