Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Plasti Dipped my Chrome All black

33K views 100 replies 42 participants last post by  dandunham 
#1 · (Edited)
So i thought i give this Plasti Dip stuff a try on all the chrome on my car. Still have the front end to do, but so far did the side chrome trim around the windows, air dam on the front quarters, and everything on the rear including the gray plastic on the bottom. And finally did the rims. I think it makes my silver calipers pop a little more
The stuff is pretty neat. You basically over spray whatever you want done, let it dry and peel off the excess. Some spots with tight seems you have to cut first to avoid peeling the whole thing off.
With a bit of practice and lots of YouTube vids, it woks pretty nicely.

Lemme know youre thoughts, its just peels off if i dont like it

By shmiddy at 2012-09-11

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

By shmiddy at 2012-09-11

By shmiddy at 2012-09-11

By shmiddy at 2012-09-11

Before

By shmiddy at 2012-02-28

After

By shmiddy at 2012-09-11

See less See more
#17 ·
Talk to us after one of your Canadian winters. A true test. Just drive it around all winter in the salt and everything. Sure as heck ain't gonna be watching Hockey, the greedy morons.

#18 ·
By the way, personally I am not a fan of black wheels. I have no problems with them on others' cars, but that's what makes horse races.

Your black wheels rock. That black color on those wheels really looks good.

#19 ·
yeah, i have a bad feeling im going to need to redo them after they put winter rubber on the rims. These will be my winters, and im buying some nice flat black rims for summer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Just wanted to make sure i liked the color before purchasing. If the Plasti holds up on the rims for winter then it'll stay there for good.

And i dont know of any downsides mamas pearl. It peels off with no damage to the surface below if needed

#22 ·
I saw that picture like a month ago! I want to do that exact same thing! I love that look.
Im going to paint it all black, and then if i want to add a bit of chrome back ill peel off what i want. Like the emblem for sure, but maybe even 1 or 2 of the trim pieces.
Thanks for the inspiration man.

Edit:
This is the picture futurectsbuyer is talking about for those not willing to search lol
http://instagram.com/p/OQCPNDHIUi/

#23 ·
Aaaand finished it all up this morning
What do you think.
Should i peel off the black on the caddy logo to make it chrome again?

By shmiddy at 2012-09-16

By shmiddy at 2012-09-16

By shmiddy at 2012-09-16

Edit: Yes i know the passenger fog looks like crap, i didnt peel off the excess yet because my friend wanted to see how it worked, so i saved him a peel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.