Ambient Lighting Across Dash; Door Handles
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Ambient Lighting Across Dash; Door Handles in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I recently took my 08 CTS to the dealership to replace the water pump. They Put me in a loaner ...
    Cadillacin_210 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

Ambient Lighting Across Dash; Door Handles

I recently took my 08 CTS to the dealership to replace the water pump. They Put me in a loaner car fresh off the truck with 17 miles lol. 2013 CTS, one thing I fell in love with, was the ambient lighting across the dash and in the door handle wells. I've felt the door handles in my car, and seems to be a slot up top for an led light as there is in the map reading lights area, when I got back into my car, I've noticed it is the same set up, meaning there is open area behind the trim for tube lighting across the dash. Does anybody know how to install or any ideason how to remove the trim if at all possible. Please help, because with a little help and direction....I am ready to jump on this project. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

alex08cts-di is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts di

Re: Ambient Lighting Across Dash; Door Handles

EBay has ambient light kits idk if they are car specific or universal worth looking into

hldn8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillacin_210 View Post
    I recently took my 08 CTS to the dealership to replace the water pump. They Put me in a loaner car fresh off the truck with 17 miles lol. 2013 CTS, one thing I fell in love with, was the ambient lighting across the dash and in the door handle wells. I've felt the door handles in my car, and seems to be a slot up top for an led light as there is in the map reading lights area, when I got back into my car, I've noticed it is the same set up, meaning there is open area behind the trim for tube lighting across the dash. Does anybody know how to install or any ideason how to remove the trim if at all possible. Please help, because with a little help and direction....I am ready to jump on this project. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
    I was wondering the same any GM gurus with the info like part numbers ? I did the foot well light but can't find anything on the one that goes behind the actual dash trim ?

TheBigRedTruck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Front Ambient Lighting Kit by Cadillac. (Fits All CTS) GM 19170639, I think!!!

Asteven23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Amazon sells the kit from gm. But my question would be installation

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRedTruck View Post
    2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Front Ambient Lighting Kit by Cadillac. (Fits All CTS) GM 19170639, I think!!!
    These kits are for the footwell lighting only.

Give Rippy Cadillac(their ad is in the right hand margin) a chance to sell you the right parts. I haven't heard of anyone doing this upgrade and it might be very labor intensive as well as cost prohibitive.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress, Marv

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.