Fog Lights CTS 2009
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Fog Lights CTS 2009 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I currently have a 2009 CTS Sedan and want to add fog lights as a gift for my spouse. I ...
    acruz8278 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

Fog Lights CTS 2009

I currently have a 2009 CTS Sedan and want to add fog lights as a gift for my spouse. I do not know where to start. I went to the dealership and was told to find a place that sells a kit because Cadillac does not make one for this model and if I brought all of the separate parts it will be very costly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    You can start by doing a search on the forum or google..this has been covered numerous times.
    It's possible and not very expensive.
    There are threads here with part numbers you'll need. Then if you're handy you can install them yourself again there is a thread on how to remove front bumper and etc.
    I think it cost me around 200 -250 for parts. install I did myself.
    Basic run down - fog light housing (got a pair for 100)
    -chrome cts bezels (I think I paid about 35 for each)
    -generic fog light wiring kit with a switch (15 maybe)
    Wires that connect the fogs to wiring kit 15 I think

Rockauto is your best bet for prices.

pudge27t is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Re: Fog Lights CTS 2009

Do you have any pics of your finished product? And i'm assuming this in the area where the insert is at also? Do you think this will work for a 2008?

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4

i have a 2008

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ttle-mods.html

before and after.
    It looks just like a car that came with fog lights.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

On Ebay under CTS fog lights, Cadillac Bling has the whole kit for about $350.

CTS4MATION is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    On Ebay under CTS fog lights, Cadillac Bling has the whole kit for about $350.
    I saw those kits on there, very appealing price...... However I dont believe they come with HIDs correct!?

pudge27t is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Where did u get these prices on those parts?? lol

yourname1234 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

bigg daddy caddy has the whole kit... the factory foglights arent HID but they are projection lenses.

Glyn Morgan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This topic has been covered a few times, what I haven't seen here is how to use a factory switch (multiway signal switch). I took me several months to find out how to get it to work. Basically, the factory switch sends a signal to the Body Control Module, which in turn triggers the factory relay. Once the factory switch is installed, the instrument panel indicator light works (i.e. - electrics are in place) However, there is no wiring from the BCM to the front fuse box. Basically, it takes a bit of work but can be done.

Rdecrane5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyn Morgan View Post
    This topic has been covered a few times, what I haven't seen here is how to use a factory switch (multiway signal switch). I took me several months to find out how to get it to work. Basically, the factory switch sends a signal to the Body Control Module, which in turn triggers the factory relay. Once the factory switch is installed, the instrument panel indicator light works (i.e. - electrics are in place) However, there is no wiring from the BCM to the front fuse box. Basically, it takes a bit of work but can be done.
    Did you have to get the computer programmed? I found the lines at the bcm and ran the wiring but the output at the bcm doesn't turn on.

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

Yes the computer has to be flashed to inform it that the fog lights are installed. After much consideration, I am going the seperate switch route. First, it gives you fogs on both low and high beams. Second, don't want to screw with the steering column installing a new control lever. Third, don't want to mess with the BCU. Fourth, one less annoying lighted symbol on the dash. Obviously, Glyn Morgan has installed his. I would appreciate it if he would describe in detail how he was able to do it. Thanks.

ajazolino is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    Has anyone successfully added the oem fog switch?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

T Rell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does anyone have, or know how to gain access to written or video instruction on how to install fog lights properly? I have a 2009 cts, and so far I'm not having any success with my install.

noshelter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

i did a complete fog switch, used factory switch and all. i had a helluva time and it ended up costing about $1000, but that was because of some crazy electric issues that may or may not have happened because of the fogs. It's a simple concept though. buy the turn signal that has the fog switch. its like $35 from rockauto. i put it in, and the computer instantly knew it was a fog light switch. turn the switch on, it shows the fog icon on the dash. buy the chrome bezels, then buy the actual light housings. i ran power wire from the lights to the fuse block. and like a guy said before, the only thing lacking was a wire from the BCM to the fuse block. i bought the little GM pin that plugs into the BCM, figured out which pin it needed to be plugged into, then ran that wire all the way through the firewall to the fuse block and installed a regular 12v relay next to the fuse block (under the removeable black cover on the left side). the relay needs power from the battery, a ground, 1 leg to the lights, and then the single wire from the bcm. i had it all hooked up, had a problem, brought it to the dealer for them to "finish the job" and they ended up burning up the fuse block, then the bcm, and ended up being a $700+ repair. i know it was nothing i did, i work with wiring alot and i'm no car pro but i'm no low voltage dummy either. anyway, you could try that route, do as much as you can and then just bring it to the caddy dealer and pay em $100-150 to finish it up for you, i'm sure the same wont happen to anyone else...it was just my luck

----------

the computer did not need to be flash i don't think, but i could be wrong. it was in the shop for a month figuring out my electric issue! but as far as the bcm pin, you will have to do reasearch, i saved A WHOLE LOT of forums and printed everything out and it took me about 4 months to get it all bought/installed/researched/and completed. i think it looks awesome. it would deff have been worth the money if i hadn't run into the random electric issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.