NEW BLACK CTS MODS: 20" VOSSEN CV-1's, BLACK FRONT FASCIA, 1.3" DROP..etc
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, NEW BLACK CTS MODS: 20" VOSSEN CV-1's, BLACK FRONT FASCIA, 1.3" DROP..etc in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey everyone, Im finally at the point to post pics of my car. wheels: I put 20" Vossen CV1's on ...
    GProdigy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts

Cool NEW BLACK CTS MODS: 20" VOSSEN CV-1's, BLACK FRONT FASCIA, 1.3" DROP..etc

Hey everyone,
    Im finally at the point to post pics of my car.

wheels: I put 20" Vossen CV1's on 20X9 all the away around. The Coupe can have them staggered with 20X10.5" in the back. However, on the four door cts the wheels will poke out 3/4" in the rear. My main concern was achieving a concave look and the 20X9 still accomplish it.

Front Fascia: The front of my car is painted professionally, because I was too worried about paint chipping. They painted the Grille, Brake Bezels, and Lower Lip. For the Grille, the painter: Removed the Bumper, Taped off the Chrome Pieces, Sanded down every groove and plastic piece, Sprayed a Paint Adhesive, Painted it black, Placed it in a Paint Oven, Sprayed black paint again, Placed in the Oven again, and Sprayed a Clear Coat.(which is a lot more steps than what I would have done myself lol).

Drop: When my rims were first installed the wheel gap wasn't too bad to some people. However, to me the ride felt different and the handling wasn't the same. I felt like I was sitting too high off the ground and there was more sway when I was driving at higher speeds. After looking at the Gap, we determined that the car needed almost a 1.5" drop to sit right above the wheel without rubbing. I ended up going with H&R springs which I am very pleased with(1.3" drop). The ride is still cadillac smooth and the handing is better than stock.

I have more Pictures so if you have any questions or want to see more of something let me know.

Let me know what you Think!
    Thanks,
    -G

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

Re: NEW BLACK CTS MODS: 20" VOSSEN CV-1's, BLACK FRONT FASCIA, 1.3" DROP..etc

Fantastic look!!

I ussually am not that crazy about the CV1's but on your car they match perfectly with the theme and look awesome. congrats

shmiddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 DI CTS

Looks good man! I want to paint my front grill black too. I was going to try it on my own but now you got me thinking. lol
    The drop looks good too

dsekhon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI

I like what you did with your grill, after looking at yours i might do that too mine as well i have a black CTS as well

Jose60634 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Performance
    Looks clean!!

chicksdigit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Cadillac CTS/65 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Looks Perfect man! Do you have anymore side shots? I thinking about going with these springs. Did you order them from Tirerack.com?

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Looks good. Tasteful mods that weren't over done. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by chicksdigit View Post
    Looks Perfect man! Do you have anymore side shots?

Before the springs it still looked good.
    After the springs it just looks better. Also, the car was more fun to drive now. One thing I did notice was that the rear is very flushed yet the front has space still. The guys that installed the springs say that they still need time to settle all the way since they are brand new.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by dsekhon View Post
    I like what you did with your grill, after looking at yours i might do that too mine as well i have a black CTS as well
    DOOO ITTT...

Side note: The top picture is at the Paint shop and yes, the G37 next to me has the exact same rims(which was extremely random lol). He painted his grille and put on a sharper front body kit. I think the wheels worked better with the CTS b/c of its lines and grille(also I'm bias lol). But I love both cars either way.

Also, thanks everyone for the comments.

jav@vossen is offline Cadillac Owners Member

looks amazing!

Tom Wheeler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon

Looks great!! What make and size tires did you use?

Tom

Just how i want mine, i think you just made up my decision. The rating of 1.4" drop up front kinda scared me it would be to low with the H&R springs, but it doesnt look bad at all on your car. Have you had any rubbing issues in the rear? bottoming out? Did you have the car realigned after the drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wheeler View Post
    Looks great!! What make and size tires did you use?

Tom
    Thanks!

ATR SPORT 245/35 ZR 20 95 W

Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2

Looks great!

Vossen FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by chicksdigit View Post
    Just how i want mine, i think you just made up my decision. The rating of 1.4" drop up front kinda scared me it would be to low with the H&R springs, but it doesn't look bad at all on your car. Have you had any rubbing issues in the rear? bottoming out? Did you have the car realigned after the drop?
    No Rubbing or Bottoming out....When I go over bumps its just fine.

The Rear sits perfect. I actually was hoping the front was slightly lower for an even more aggressive stance(its somewhat higher than I predicted). The guys that installed the springs told me I need to give new springs more time to settle. :shrugs: The drop still looks and rides good, so I'm not flipping any chairs over it, but I'll see if the stance gets more aggressive after riding around with them for a couple of weeks.

If your concerned about jeopardizing the ride quality like I was, don't worry about it's fine. The last thing I wanted was a headache from a Mod I paid for lol.

I'll take your word on it, i've been ready to order these just really wanted to see a picture of a car with them already. Thanks! Did you order them from a local shop or did you get them from tirerack.com? It seems tirerack has the best prices on them. I'll probably be ordering tonight.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.