NEW BLACK CTS MODS: 20" VOSSEN CV-1's, BLACK FRONT FASCIA, 1.3" DROP..etc - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, NEW BLACK CTS MODS: 20" VOSSEN CV-1's, BLACK FRONT FASCIA, 1.3" DROP..etc in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I was at a local shop and they ordered them online, so it probably was tirerack.com...
    GProdigy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts

Re: NEW BLACK CTS MODS: 20" VOSSEN CV-1's, BLACK FRONT FASCIA, 1.3" DROP..etc

I was at a local shop and they ordered them online, so it probably was tirerack.com

tr's-cts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts

Very nice. You kept it classy. As it should!

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

That does look good.

Thanks for the response everyone...

Soo update:
    I've been driving around for months everything is fine. Paint holds and the springs have settled pretty nice etc. etc. blah blah

question1:
    Is there anywhere at all to get a D3 roof spoiler? I see a different roof spoiler on ebay but it isn't my taste

q2:
    Also, I've been contemplating HID conversion and can't seem to find the post of the member who already did it.
    I remember someone saying that the V headlamps are a direct swap..but I wanted to research it a little more, to make sure I don't run into any surprises if I do it.

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    I know for sure hids are a direct swap. 99.9 sure that same goes for v hids. All that is different as far I know is the black instead of chrome inside.
    I'd also suggest adding fog lights. I just did it and it was very simple. And I know nothing about wiring.

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Yeah, the HID equipped headlights (NON-V & V) are a direct swap. The only thing that u need to do is remove the DRL fuse or relay. U will not have the AFL system though.

ok good.

I see everyone is replacing their stock ballast with aftermarket for a brighter light...Is there any brand that the community feels is most reliable?
    My last car had aftermarket HID ballast and after a year and a half they started to go bad.

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    I havent heard of anyone replacing their stock ballast with aftermarket.

I just added a hid kit for fogs from ddm. 55w 5000k. From the outside the color match looks perfect. From the inside the fogs seem to be a little more blue than white.

Quote Originally Posted by GProdigy
    ok good.

I see everyone is replacing their stock ballast with aftermarket for a brighter light...Is there any brand that the community feels is most reliable?
    My last car had aftermarket HID ballast and after a year and a half they started to go bad.
    What ur reading isn't from this forum......as far as I've seen. I know of people that have gone with boosted ballasts in hidplanet. The problem that most people have with aftermarket ballasts is what u experienced......the go bad unlike OEM ballasts.

If ur going to swap out to the HID equipped headlight, there won't be a need for a boosted ballast. U can however modify the projector for a sharper cutoff like what I did:

My setup is the stock projector with a E30 lens swapped in, 5K D2S bulbs & stock ballasts.

rockryno is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 Yamaha R1
    So the springs settled properly? Any updated side pics?

Quote Originally Posted by sfv41901 View Post
    What ur reading isn't from this forum......as far as I've seen. I know of people that have gone with boosted ballasts in hidplanet. The problem that most people have with aftermarket ballasts is what u experienced......the go bad unlike OEM ballasts.

If ur going to swap out to the HID equipped headlight, there won't be a need for a boosted ballast. U can however modify the projector for a sharper cutoff like what I did:

My setup is the stock projector with a E30 lens swapped in, 5K D2S bulbs & stock ballasts.
    Ok I appreciate it!! that makes sense now. I like the cut off also from your E30 lens also.

Has anyone successfully modded the Pipes? I keep running into dead ends in the forum search...Just wondering, so in case I like it I do everything at once and be done.

Quote Originally Posted by rockryno View Post
    No problem I'll post some later today or tomorrow.

the power of wax lol....jp

but yea...the overall front is slightly lower than stock.(it still clears curbs)
    Basically they compensate for the 2"-3" increase in wheel size....

Knowing how smooth the ride is now...I wouldn't mind having coilovers, so I can give it a Low Stance for car shows and raise it back to this height for Daily Driving.

I can't complain too much b/c the price was pretty low for springs + installation.

rockryno is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 Yamaha R1

how many miles on the springs now? front still looks a little high...

Quote Originally Posted by GProdigy
    Ok I appreciate it!! that makes sense now. I like the cut off also from your E30 lens also.

Has anyone successfully modded the Pipes? I keep running into dead ends in the forum search...Just wondering, so in case I like it I do everything at once and be done.

No problem I'll post some later today or tomorrow.
    Thx.

What are u looking to mod on the light pipes?

how many miles on the springs now?
    i'd say around 2,500

Quote Originally Posted by sfv41901 View Post
    Thx.

What are u looking to mod on the light pipes?
    I guess make them as bright as possible...or have them wired to be DRL's, or switchable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.