Putting 20" staggered wheels on an AWD coupe... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Putting 20" staggered wheels on an AWD coupe... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Any new updates? Went to the tire shop and asked about Vossen rims and tires and got roughly the same ...
    soku is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 AWD Radiant Silver CTS Coupe

Re: Putting 20" staggered wheels on an AWD coupe...

Any new updates? Went to the tire shop and asked about Vossen rims and tires and got roughly the same price as you Not sure I want to spend that much.

MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

Well I ended up going with the Yokohama advan sports... So far everything seems fine I've put a couple of hundred miles on them already if you live somewhere where the roads aren't too bad though I recommend going with the other combo I posted... 245/35 and 285/30 and lower the car... The smaller tires are not only cheaper since there is more selection but also you'll probably find some with better tread rating than the ones I bought so they will last you longer...

doozmlk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium

So MTL, you are running the vossen cv3's with your awd? Please post pics if you are!!!

Yes look a couple of threads down I made another thread... I would post more pics in here but I'm at work and posting from my phone...

ITALYNSTALYN is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just what I needed I'm a fellow montrealer, and just picked up a 2013 coupe cts performance awd and am going crazy like you did on what staggered setup to put. I know I want 20" and some really fat tires in the back. I would really apreciate your feed back on your experience all these numbers are making me dizzy . What staggered size will be perfect for the coupe awd??
    Thanx

----------

Ddiizzyyy

Are you going to lower the car?

Char T A is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Sedan

I went with 255/35 front and 295/30 rear. With Toyo Proxes-4 it was less than $1000 for all 4!! Any reason you did not consider these?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Char T A View Post
    I went with 255/35 front and 295/30 rear. With Toyo Proxes-4 it was less than $1000 for all 4!! Any reason you did not consider these?
    Just double checked and my rear is only faster than front by 1.7 revs or larger rear by 0.06" basically identical size...[COLOR="Silver"]

McLuv1n is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts coupe 3.6 AWD - white diamond

anyone know the ideal offset for 20" wheels on the awd coupe? Also, what is the stock 18" wheel offset?

Quote Originally Posted by McLuv1n View Post
    anyone know the ideal offset for 20" wheels on the awd coupe? Also, what is the stock 18" wheel offset?
    Most are going with a 20x10.5" on the coupe with a +25 or +27 I am almost certain that included on the AWD.

----------

Most are going with a 20x10.5" on the coupe with a +25 or +27 I am almost certain that included on the AWD.
    Sorry the above was just the rear I jumped the gun. Fronts 20x9 +35. Remember to get tires that are equal diameter with the AWD if you do a staggered fitment.

thanks for the heads up! I was also considering the TSW Mirabeau in 18" so I could stay as close to stock as possible. Only option though would be getting 18x8 in the front and 18x9.5 in the rear with 35 offset all around. Since the stock rims are 18x8.5 and 18x9, will the stock tires (235/50/18 fronts and 265/45/18 rears) fit on the different width rims? thanks

these are the wheels...I think they will compliment the white diamond coupe very well...
    http://www.elementwheels.com/products.asp?cat=4669

Man it's just me but I would save the extra $500 bucks up and buy the staggered 20s and grab some Toyo Proxes-4 tires for $900 and do it right. I have always cut corners and this time got my 20" Vossens and I have never been happier.

If i did the 20s i would get 245/40/20 fronts and 285/35/20 rears as to not mess with the AWD, but will the fender gap be too much? I do not plan on lowering it at all.

I have 20s but went with slightly larger tires to fill even more wheel gap and they are same diameter so it is great for all wheel drive. Check out some pics and stats on my new site I am creating. customoffsets.com. let me know what you think.

----------

Just double checked and my rear is only faster than front by 1.7 revs or larger rear by 0.06" basically identical size...[COLOR="Silver"]
    You just said it, it doesn't conserve fr/rr rev per mile bias... That being said the difference is so negligible you'll probably be fine, but I guess just to be safe I went with somehting that was in theory a better choice

----------

I never posted pics in here of the final product

South Shore 2 Door likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_CTS View Post
    You just said it, it doesn't conserve fr/rr rev per mile bias... That being said the difference is so negligible you'll probably be fine, but I guess just to be safe I went with somehting that was in theory a better choice

----------

I never posted pics in here of the final product

Ahh, gotta live a little If I can get a fatter tire and just take a tiny risk I am in! Your car would sure look nice next to mine at www.customoffsets.com !!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.