Just got my CTS-V bumper package...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Just got my CTS-V bumper package... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Had a bit of a rollercoaster day yesterday as far as the 'lac goes LOL First while I was at ...
    MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

Smile Just got my CTS-V bumper package...

Had a bit of a rollercoaster day yesterday as far as the 'lac goes LOL

First while I was at work, a guy hit and run my car while it was parked (first snow obvioulsy caught alot of ppl off guard) though luckily there were witnesses to take down the car info and license plate # of the other driver so my insurance will cover it, no deductible since a police report was done. Also the damage is minor just some deep scratches on the rear bumper, but I was really pissed about it on the spot LOL I just bought this car

Anyway in the evening I drove down to Plattsburgh NY to pick up my CTS-V bumper that I ordered from www.umnitza.com Here are the pics. Overall I'm happy with it. You can't beat bumper, upper & lower grille, foglights, mounts and hardware for 525$ (plus shipping)

DSC01598.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01604.jpg

DSC01605.jpg

DSC01606.jpg

Only problems are, one of the tabs broke off one of the foglight mounts as you ca see above.

Also, one of the tabs broke off of the bumper where the lower grille mounts:

DSC01601.jpg

Hopefully the body shop will be able to help me out with this somehow...

So all I have left to buy are the V brake ducts, splash guards and bumper support and I'll be all set.
    EVH5150 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rockryno is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 Yamaha R1

Re: Just got my CTS-V bumper package...

nice!keep us updated

Jose60634 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Performance

^+1 ..Im sure its gonna look great.

Thanks guys...

I was wondering what to do about paint though. At first I thought I would leave the grilles chrome but maybe flat black would look better? But I was thinking that since the hood will still have the chrome border it might look awkward. So I was thinking flat black with chrome borders for the grilles I think this will look awesome.

The other thing is... I have to go to the body shop now to repair the rear bumper from the hit & run, so should I just bring them my front bumper too? Or should I wait till spring? ?The winter will be shitty for sure but I'm kind of itching to get it on to be honest

What should I do??

uberwayne53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS

This is a replica bumper, right? Post pics of the fitment and keep us updated once you get it put on. I know I wouldn't be able to wait until after winter lol

This is how you should paint it...

Wayne, yes it's a replica bumper not original GM part.

That looks bad ass I agree the thing is he has everything blacked out, headlights, fog light housing, window trim, door handles, side vents, wheels etc. etc. etc. Whereas I have everything stock chrome look... that's why I think in my case the black with chrome border will look better, there will still be chrome accents on the car.

Yeah I know what you mean about the winter... I'll probably just bring it to the body shop and see what they say LOL I mean the bumper is gonna get snow/ice on it eventually right?? What's one winter more or less?

here's a pic with just the chrome border. Looks good with all the other trim still being chrome

YES! That's exactly how I would want it to look!! I'm going to print that picture and bring it to the body shop with me Thanks for the pics!!

Then again... I keep seeing pics of stock CTS-V's... It looks pretty good too

Tough decision

Zipperator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS V

You have pics yet I wanna See!!!

No pics yet although I might be getting this done sooner than expected... I may be getting the rear bumper as well as the front.

I passed by the GM dealer today and ordered the driver & passenger side splash guards as well as the driver and passenger side brake cooling ducts. Still not sure as to wether or not I should get the CTS-V front bumper absorber as well?? I have heard of some ppl installing the bumper without it. It's a 250$ part from the dealer and the place where I purchased this bumper from told me it's not really necessary. What do you guys think?

Also, for those who have swapped the rear bumper for a CTS-V coupe bumper, is it a direct bolt-in? Anything in particular needs to be done to the rear park assist? What other parts need to be purchased for the center-exit exhaust? And the tips?? Which ones should I buy?

Thanks for the help I'll be sure to post pics when everything gets done

Hey man, I posted in the other thread about the bumper absorber. I definitely think you should get it just to be safe. It's only like $88 on gmpartsdirect.com

250motorsportz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_CTS View Post
    Still not sure as to wether or not I should get the CTS-V front bumper absorber as well?? I have heard of some ppl installing the bumper without it. What do you guys think?

Also, for those who have swapped the rear bumper for a CTS-V coupe bumper, is it a direct bolt-in? Anything in particular needs to be done to the rear park assist? What other parts need to be purchased for the center-exit exhaust? And the tips?? Which ones should I buy?

I haven't installed the front bumper absorber yet but will be doing it right after winter when I change my headlamp bulbs.

What's this about CTS-V COUPE rear bumpers on the sedans??

No 250... I have a base coupe... I was asking if the CTS-V coupe rear bumper is a direct bolt-in replacement...

250motorsportz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_CTS View Post
    No 250... I have a base coupe... I was asking if the CTS-V coupe rear bumper is a direct bolt-in replacement...
    Oh ok, you got me a little excited for a second

I haven't seen it done yet, but i'm 99.9% sure it's a direct bolt-on. Keep us posted! Also a good time to change your DRL's to LEDs and your fogs to HIDs!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.