Just got my CTS-V bumper package... - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Just got my CTS-V bumper package... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; The V series badges are on my to do list along with the GTR, spec-V, Type-R and TURBO (from a ...
    MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

Re: Just got my CTS-V bumper package...

The V series badges are on my to do list along with the GTR, spec-V, Type-R and TURBO (from a porsche 911, obviously) badges.
    shmiddy and shmiddy like this.

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    You don't have V badges on it, do you?
    Of course not.......its not a V

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Just checking. The look I get. False badging always irks me...

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    Just checking. The look I get. False badging always irks me...
    I feel the same way....when I had my M3, it would irk me when I saw a clone with the "M" badge.

mr.solodolo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cts luxury

How did you paint your grill? I've had no luck finding anyone to paint mine like that.. Is it a special paint? Powder coat? Adhesive + paint? Just a lot of prep and work?

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I'm very late to this dance so I hope those of you that have done the bumper mod (like MTL_CTS and sfv41901) are still checking this thread. I have most of the parts together and have turned my attention to finding a paint shop.

Please tell me if you had the bumper painted off the car? My car is Black Raven. Is matching the paint going to be a problem?

I will also do the V rear bumper.

smca is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS
    Just was wondering how the umnitza bumper kit is holding up so far. Any issues pop up?

kennym is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS

I have a 2012 I'm looking to do the same conversion to and am just wondering about how much total did all of the parts and labor cost?

tisk2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6DI

nice conversion man...just wondering since you said the material is of a flexible type...does it hold up well when at high speeds or does it flap or move like most ghetto looking body kits you see on hondas rolling around? about to click buy on ebay for this product, awaiting your response...

jmarts_cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe w/Performance Luxury Package

I've done mine and had it painted pearl white to match the car. The body shop had to redo it a second time because the paint didn't match but finally got it right after a month of waiting. Turned out perfect. Some other body shop quoted me $3000 to paint because they wanted to paint the surrounding panels to match.

2011_Cadillac_Modified.jpg

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

I have to say this looks fantastic and it actually looks really good without the Cadillac emblem on the front grill. I have always loved de-badging my vehicles so I may be a bit bias, LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by MTL_CTS View Post
    More updates...

So I got the exhaust tips put on The rear is pretty much done and I really like the way it turned out...

Here are pics of the front with the new hood put on:

My only gripes are that now that I have a OEM hood and aftermarket bumper, there is slight misalignment between the hood and bumper at the extremities of the grill. It's not that noticeable but still doesn't align perfectly like I was expecting it to. Honestly the umnitza bumper aligned perfectly with the stock hood, but I still think looks pretty good with the V hood though. I guess if you really want perfection you have to buy the CTS-V bumper and hood.

Also a strange issue... The body shop told me that in order for the hood to fit they had to remove some of the plastic sound deadening around the motor, which is fine, except that on the way home from the shop I noticed my check engine light was on, which I attributed to them messing around under the hood. Anyway later today I took my car for a spin and the light wasn't on anymore Should I still get this checked or would you guys not worry about it? I'm assuming it was nothing since it only stayed on from my trip home from the body shop. I guess I could still have it checked if trouble codes are stored in the PCM but is it really necessary??

----------

Looks great! You're rocking the same color as my coupe, great color!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarts_cts View Post
    I've done mine and had it painted pearl white to match the car. The body shop had to redo it a second time because the paint didn't match but finally got it right after a month of waiting. Turned out perfect. Some other body shop quoted me $3000 to paint because they wanted to paint the surrounding panels to match.

Attachment 147545

futurectsbuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none yet

you should never paint a panel next to the bumper. The bumper will always be slightly off because the paint bonds to metal differently than plastic. I was a body shop estimator in a formal life. It's normal to see a slight difference in color.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by umnitza1 View Post
    we just got 20 of these bumpers back in stock if you guys want to do a little forum discount on them
    Enlighten us, who are you? and why would members order from you? If you want to be a seller, I think you have to give more information and maybe even register with the site too.

Marv

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by umnitza1 View Post
    we just got 20 of these bumpers back in stock if you guys want to do a little forum discount on them
    Member since 2008 and this is your first post? Strange.

Step one if you'd like to advertise goods here is to become a supporting vendor of this forum so members understand you're legitimate.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

umnitza1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_CTS View Post
    Had a bit of a rollercoaster day yesterday as far as the 'lac goes LOL

Anyway in the evening I drove down to Plattsburgh NY to pick up my CTS-V bumper that I ordered from www.umnitza.com Here are the pics. Overall I'm happy with it. You can't beat bumper, upper & lower grille, foglights, mounts and hardware for 525$ (plus shipping)

Attachment 83065

Attachment 83066

Attachment 83067

Attachment 83070

Attachment 83068

Only problems are, one of the tabs broke off one of the foglight mounts as you ca see above.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    Member since 2008 and this is your first post? Strange.

Step one if you'd like to advertise goods here is to become a supporting vendor of this forum so members understand you're legitimate.
    on the advertising, will contact
    But strange only that we've been selling these bumpers sine 2011 and no one here knows about us..

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Enlighten us, who are you? and why would members order from you? If you want to be a seller, I think you have to give more information and maybe even register with the site too.

Marv
    See above.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.