Just got my CTS-V bumper package... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Just got my CTS-V bumper package... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; It's made of polypropylene so it's very lightweight and flexible and it looks good and install was very straightforward from ...
    MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

Re: Just got my CTS-V bumper package...

It's made of polypropylene so it's very lightweight and flexible and it looks good and install was very straightforward from what the guys at the bodyshop told me.

The OEM stuff might be better quality, but if you get the bumper and upper & lower grilles from a caddy dealer you'd probably be looking at 3k$ in parts... I asked just for fun how much only the upper CTS-V grille was from the dealer (to change it out so I could easily get a Cadillac emblem on there) and they looked it up in the computer and the upper grille "assembly" (it's not just one piece) was 800$. :l

riviera72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts4

hi, do tou have an e mail I would like to talk whit you about you bumper, Im from québec to, Chicoutimi
    buickriviera1972@gmail.com

More updates...

So I got the exhaust tips put on The rear is pretty much done and I really like the way it turned out...

Here are pics of the front with the new hood put on:

My only gripes are that now that I have a OEM hood and aftermarket bumper, there is slight misalignment between the hood and bumper at the extremities of the grill. It's not that noticeable but still doesn't align perfectly like I was expecting it to. Honestly the umnitza bumper aligned perfectly with the stock hood, but I still think looks pretty good with the V hood though. I guess if you really want perfection you have to buy the CTS-V bumper and hood.

Also a strange issue... The body shop told me that in order for the hood to fit they had to remove some of the plastic sound deadening around the motor, which is fine, except that on the way home from the shop I noticed my check engine light was on, which I attributed to them messing around under the hood. Anyway later today I took my car for a spin and the light wasn't on anymore Should I still get this checked or would you guys not worry about it? I'm assuming it was nothing since it only stayed on from my trip home from the body shop. I guess I could still have it checked if trouble codes are stored in the PCM but is it really necessary??

doozmlk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium

SUCCESS!! Congrats mtl on a job well done, it looks breathtaking! I await a pic with the emblem.
    About the check engine, as long as it doesnt come on again, no need to worry. Maybe while they were working on the hood they disconnected/reconnected a component or personally to me it sounds like the air intake needed to be reset and only way to do that is drive and let it recalibrate. regardless kudos to you.
    MK

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Looks great. Do u ever plan on upgrading to the OEM HID headlights? That would complete the swap.

Thanks guys!

Marcus, I know what you mean, personally I think the front end just looks naked without the crest & wreath emblem, however the body shop refused to install my emblem!! they said it wouldn't hold properly since there are not provisions in the grille for the emblem and since the grille is an uneven surface :s They said they could glue it with the same suff they use to glue windshields but made no guarantees and told me that eventually it would fall off for sure... However I REALLY want to put the emblem on Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of getting out my glue gun just to put the crest & wreath on the grille the way I want it and then bringing it somewhere where they could maybe heat them and bond them together somehow?? There has to be an easier way though

sfv, I was thinking about it but it would be low on my list of priorities for the car... Kind of like the CTS-V 3rd brake light I wanted to do that too. My next mods are going to be first a nice set of wheels for summer, then I ordered as you saw a Onstar module with Bluetooth I was going to install, and later this year I was wanting to tackle the Nav. retrofit It seems like everyone who has attempted this has failed but I will do some research and try to get it done

I'll look at my crest & see if I can help u out with ideas.

So I just looked at both my grills. My "V" grill has the crest held on by plastic rivets. On my "reg" CTS grill, the are plastic welded.

Not sure what u have, but have u thought about jb welding it to the grill?

Ok so here is the finished front bumper...

SFV I used your tip and bought some JB Weld Quik Plastik from amazon.com.. The product was pretty hard to work with and not ideal since when it sets it turns this pasty white color but it seems to be holding pretty well so far I sanded and drilled some retentions in the grille and emblem with a dremel to make sure it holds. If you look close there are a few white spots but nothing a little chrome touch-up paint won't fix

I also put the front lip on it looks nice makes the bumper look more aggressive

I'm more familiar with the jb weld that hardens like metal. Never used the plastic jb weld.....either way, looks so much better.

shmiddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 DI CTS

Love it!
    Looks amazing. I will be doing this very soon on my sedan

Quote Originally Posted by shmiddy View Post
    Love it!
    Looks amazing. I will be doing this very soon on my sedan
    Do it!! Don't even hesitate, it looks even more impressive in person... I have had it all finished for about a week now and with this nice weather I washed the car and have been stopped many times already in parking lots and on sidewalks by people who ask me about the car etc. and compliment me on it. Also getting the "Is it a V?" alot but oh well I guess it's normal LOL

shmiddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 DI CTS

What else do i need to order that doesnt come from that website you ordered from? splash guards and you mentioned some bottom lip?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You don't have V badges on it, do you?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.