Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Just got my CTS-V bumper package...

45K views 85 replies 31 participants last post by  BLACKllac 
#1 ·
Had a bit of a rollercoaster day yesterday as far as the 'lac goes LOL

First while I was at work, a guy hit and run my car while it was parked (first snow obvioulsy caught alot of ppl off guard) though luckily there were witnesses to take down the car info and license plate # of the other driver so my insurance will cover it, no deductible since a police report was done. Also the damage is minor just some deep scratches on the rear bumper, but I was really pissed about it on the spot LOL I just bought this car :mad:

Anyway in the evening I drove down to Plattsburgh NY to pick up my CTS-V bumper that I ordered from www.umnitza.com Here are the pics. Overall I'm happy with it. You can't beat bumper, upper & lower grille, foglights, mounts and hardware for 525$ (plus shipping)

Automotive exterior Bumper Bumper part Auto part Vehicle

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Bumper part Vehicle

Product Basket Storage basket Wicker Baby Products

Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Bumper part Trunk

Auto part Automotive lighting Headlamp Rim Automotive tire

Only problems are, one of the tabs broke off one of the foglight mounts as you ca see above.

Also, one of the tabs broke off of the bumper where the lower grille mounts:

Technology Electronic device Room Gadget Playstation 3

Hopefully the body shop will be able to help me out with this somehow...

So all I have left to buy are the V brake ducts, splash guards and bumper support and I'll be all set.

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#60 · (Edited by Moderator)
Had a bit of a rollercoaster day yesterday as far as the 'lac goes LOL

Anyway in the evening I drove down to Plattsburgh NY to pick up my CTS-V bumper that I ordered from www.umnitza.com Here are the pics. Overall I'm happy with it. You can't beat bumper, upper & lower grille, foglights, mounts and hardware for 525$ (plus shipping)

View attachment 83065

View attachment 83066

View attachment 83067

View attachment 83070

View attachment 83068

Only problems are, one of the tabs broke off one of the foglight mounts as you ca see above.
:thumbsup:

Member since 2008 and this is your first post? Strange.

Step one if you'd like to advertise goods here is to become a supporting vendor of this forum so members understand you're legitimate.
:thumbsup: on the advertising, will contact
But strange only that we've been selling these bumpers sine 2011 and no one here knows about us..

Enlighten us, who are you? and why would members order from you? If you want to be a seller, I think you have to give more information and maybe even register with the site too.

Marv
See above.

#68 ·
Am I the only one that doesn't understand why anyone would want to do this? Yeah you kinda make it look like a V but ultimately it's not. When people ask you if it is a V you respond no unless you are prone to bending the truth. Either way it just makes no sense. At the end of the day it's just a wanna-be that does a disservice to the actual vehicle you are attempting to emulate. When a Z06 pulls up and spanks the shit out of you they go home and say they beat a V. Just not right.

Umnitza do y'all have an angel eye application for the CTS?

#69 ·
The rest of the world's desire to make their cars look like their higher performance cousins is filtering into the US. No one is interested in making their car an actual V, but the bumper itself does give it a more sinister look and that's what people want.

Besides, why worry about what a Z06 driver may or may not say? :)

We do have an AE application for the CTS, but your headlights require them to be baked, and not a lot of people in the Caddy world are used to that.

#70 · (Edited)
I can definitely see the sinister aspect of the bumper and yours surely looks pretty spot on but I guess I never got into replicas. To each their own.

Have you by chance thought about reproducing the hood from the CTS coupe concept? I would gladly put down a deposit if it were a possibility.

http://www.netcarshow.com/Cadillac-CTS_Coupe_Concept-2008-wallpaper.jpg

I have never installed AE so when you say baking do you mean physically placing the apparatus in the oven? I've found some on eBay but would be way more comfortable purchasing them from a company that's on the board such as yourself.

To OP you car looks a dead ringer of a V! I was thinking about your V hood strip dilemma and was thinking maybe you could replace just the trim with the trim from your base hood so it can line up just right?

#71 ·
We focus on OE style replica parts that are as good as (better in terms of value for the money) the originals. We don't want to get into different 'style' treatments since that can polarize people's opinions.

As for baking, yes, that means putting it into an oven, opening it up and then installing the parts. it's not hard to do actually and we have a DIY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL78etDylSk

#82 ·
Is black raven the type of bumper you want (matte black) or are you referring to the body color black raven which would be a prepaint?

Let's see how many people are interested, because if we can get 10 pre-paints, I can probably get the cost of the paint down at least $25 more (it's not much but when you're already painting at $225, it's hard to pass much more savings through).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.