CTS-V bumpers on a 08 CTS How-to - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, CTS-V bumpers on a 08 CTS How-to in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; there's two absorbers... one for pedestrian protection (like front parking assist i guess) i doubt many US cars have that ...
    RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: CTS-V bumpers on a 08 CTS How-to

there's two absorbers... one for pedestrian protection (like front parking assist i guess)
    i doubt many US cars have that option (if any at all)

20782127 is the number for absorber the one without pedestrian protection

part numbers for the fender liners (splash shields) and the lower deflector (splitter) can be found at that link also
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

jlpz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver 2011 CTS sedan Cts-V clone

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    Hey Rippy, you have a customer below.
    Lol, Mrcoffee, I've already spent some bucks at Rippy's

they're everywhere!

Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Hi all. Update on my project I just received my first package. My silver painted CTS-V bumper from Ebay. Immaculate paint and no scratches................. wait for it...........broken down the middle. My day sucks now!!!!
    Just sent the seller a message, I hope it works out soon.

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    You'll probably have to file a claim with the company that shipped it. Seller will probably not refund you because he will then be stuck with a broken bumper. Hopefully he insured it for the value that he charged you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdabs View Post
    You'll probably have to file a claim with the company that shipped it. Seller will probably not refund you because he will then be stuck with a broken bumper. Hopefully he insured it for the value that he charged you.

I hope he did. I should have too. They didn't reinforce the center in any way. It was wrapped in foam. No box or crate.

sorry to hear about this

i know exactly how you're feeling right now (and how the ebay seller is feeling)

we don't ship bumper covers anymore because of situations like this

I was contacted by the seller yesterday, he said that he didn't think a body shop would repair it with a tear
    right down the middle because it is a stress point. I took it to 2 different body shops and they said the same thing. He said he's going to take the loss and even pay for
    return shipping. Talk about a class act. Now I have the 2 body shops looking for the bumper for me.

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jlpz View Post
    I was contacted by the seller yesterday, he said that he didn't think a body shop would repair it with a tear
    right down the middle because it is a stress point. I took it to 2 different body shops and they said the same thing. He said he's going to take the loss and even pay for
    return shipping. Talk about a class act. Now I have the 2 body shops looking for the bumper for me.
    I'm happy you got good news. I have read your post and IMHO the shipper was responsible for the damage due to poor packing. The next time I'm at my storage unit I will take a photo of the box my bumper shipped in from GM. You will not believe the size of this box.

is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD
    I got my bumper on ebay. It is oem but reconditioned. It was fully wrapped in bubble wrap and not boxed. There was a crack in the middle of the stress point about 1/4 inch long. Luckily my body shop was able to bondo it

mr.solodolo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cts luxury

Where exactly does the absorber go? and with the clips, do you NEED to buy more or are there enough stock ones?

----------

Where do the splash shields and everything else go??? Will the placement of everything make sense once the bumper is off?

is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

Quote Originally Posted by mr.solodolo View Post
    Where exactly does the absorber go? and with the clips, do you NEED to buy more or are there enough stock ones?

----------

Where do the splash shields and everything else go??? Will the placement of everything make sense once the bumper is off?
    Once the bumper is removed you will see where all the parts go, its very easy. You dont need extra clips. To make the job go faster i would advise on getting a metal cutter to cut the metal tabs thats on the bumper reinforcement bar. You can use a hand saw but it will take longer.

Ok so the sellr has sent out the pickup from Fed Ex for the damaged bumper, as soon as he gets confirmation
    That it has been picked up he will ship the replacement one. Unfortunately the damaged one was slready the same silver
    as my car so I have to paint the replacement one. Since I am doing this I've decided to just have the headlight
    washer holes covered up. (sorry Rippy but thank you for the great service).
    So I will put the washer covers on Ebay or sell them here. In the meantime I have other parts trickling in.
    I received the top and bottom grilles and foglight bezels.

I will post pics of these items when I can. Unfortunately I can't post pictures from my phone and tablet.

I also want to confirm, I saw earlier in this thread, the coupe rear bumper will fit on the sedan? I want to try installing that rear bumper on my sedan. I like the twin pipes coming from the center of the bumper.

Update
    I have all my parts for the swap. Thank you Rippy for your knowledge and service.
    I received the new bumper, It is brand new not even primered, I found a good body shop near my job, (good reviews online and recommendation from a co-worker)
    They are going to paint it, close off the headlight washer holes, and swap it all over for $350. I was going to do it
    myself but the price was right. So I left the bumper for them to start on today, then I'll drop the car off Thursday morning and it should be done by quitting time.

Well I finally did it. Got all my parts swapped over and got my car done a day ahead of schedule.
    here are the after pics. As you can see I had the headlight washer holes filled in, it looks cleaner now.

I want to thank you guys for your help and advice on this project.
    Especially Chris H. at Rippy's who helped me with some of the parts I couldn't find
    anywhere else, and very fast too.
    I have the Cadillac emblem which I'll be installing on the grill, probably this weekend (too darn cold here right now)

Next I think I'll go for some wheels and the V hood.

20130320_144535.jpg
    20130320_144543.jpg
    20130320_144548.jpg
    20130320_144554.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.