CTS-V bumpers on a 08 CTS How-to - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, CTS-V bumpers on a 08 CTS How-to in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; wait i need clips to hold the grill onto the bumper? I dont see that in the diy...
    is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

Re: CTS-V bumpers on a 08 CTS How-to

wait i need clips to hold the grill onto the bumper? I dont see that in the diy

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I'm not sure but I think it was said to use the clips from the original bumper. I don't want to get in the position of a broken clip putting a hold on the whole project. I would like to start with a few of the grille style clips as well as the round push in style. I will check at the auto parts house today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim4130 View Post
    I plan on doing this swap in a week or so and have all the pieces except the front absorber and half splash shields. Was wondering if these pieces
    are absolutely necessary for this swap. I won't be putting in fog lights or the head lamp washers so not sure if that matters or not. This is my first
    time doing something like this so any help is greatly appreciated. Also working on a budget so trying to keep the cost down. I have an 09 CTS base.

Did you do it? I took my 08 apart today and found that the Fog Lights won't swap over. Mounting is not the same. The V also uses about 10 more Grille clips then the CTS.

I thing I can find the clips and will have to research the Fog light problem.

Can anyone help. I will post some pictures of the mounts on CTS and V bumpers.

EDIT: http://www.clipsandfasteners.com has the clips.

A21187 Front & Rear Bumper & Grille Clip 15ea $12.92

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    Did you do it? I took my 08 apart today and found that the Fog Lights won't swap over. Mounting is not the same. The V also uses about 10 more Grille clips then the CTS.

I thing I can find the clips and will have to research the Fog light problem.

Can anyone help. I will post some pictures of the mounts on CTS and V bumpers.

EDIT: http://www.clipsandfasteners.com has the clips.

A21187 Front & Rear Bumper & Grille Clip 15ea $12.92
    great find! the dealer wanted $5 EACH clip

The part number for the CTS-V fog light assembly is 10335108. No way to get just the bracket and the lens' on mine were pitted anyway. I ordered these from Ebay. At this price I can afford to replace them every year or two.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230913109697...84.m1497.l2648

jlpz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver 2011 CTS sedan Cts-V clone

Hi guys,
    I just purchased my first Cadillac in November
    It is a 2011 CTS, I love it. I had been looking into swapping the front bumper with the CTS-V one
    Before I bought the car. So far I have a bumper coming from Ebay, same color, immaculate for $400 delivery. included and I'll be ordering the grilles very soon.
    I still need to buy the fog light bezels. My questionn is... my car does not have the headlight washers
    but the bumper I bought does. Does anyone know where I can buy just the nozzles or some close to the design?
    I don't care about their function, just cosmetics. One of my friends disabled his on his Mercedes, all it did was wet his hood anyway.
    Also is the foam bumper cushion the same for either bumper, can I reuse mine and are the front wheel
    Well covers interchangeable? I called 2 Cadillac dealers but they were no help. You'd think I was asking for trade
    secrets.
    If anyone has parts for sale or knows anywhere I can find them, or any advice I'd greatly appreciate any help.

The bumper swaps I've seen here are absolutely amazing!!!!! I can't wait to be next. Thank you.. Jose

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

what you probably want to do is buy the covers that attach to the bumper that cover up the nozzles

that way it will look correct unless you look inside the covers and notice that there's not nozzles inside

the covers aren't cheap ($45.61 each at the forum discount that I offer)
    and they will need to get painted to match
    but then it will look proper
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by jlpz View Post
    Hi guys,
    It is a 2011 CTS, I love it. I had been looking into swapping the front bumper with the CTS-V one
    Before I bought the car. So far I have a bumper coming from Ebay, same color, immaculate for $400 delivery. included and I'll be ordering the grilles very soon.
    I still need to buy the fog light bezels. My questionn is... my car does not have the headlight washers
    but the bumper I bought does. Does anyone know where I can buy just the nozzles or some close to the design?
    I don't care about their function, just cosmetics. One of my friends disabled his on his Mercedes, all it did was wet his hood anyway.
    Also is the foam bumper cushion the same for either bumper, can I reuse mine and are the front wheel
    Well covers interchangeable? I called 2 Cadillac dealers but they were no help. You'd think I was asking for trade
    secrets.
    If anyone has parts for sale or knows anywhere I can find them, or any advice I'd greatly appreciate any help.

The bumper swaps I've seen here are absolutely amazing!!!!! I can't wait to be next. Thank you.. Jose
    The nozzle has a hole in it. The bumper has a hole in it. Placing the nozzle over the hole doesn't actually cover up the hole in the bumper. When I did mine, I had the body shop bondo the hole on the bumper but this means you will have to repaint the bumper. If you dont want to bondo and repaint, here are a few suggestions..

1. get the nozzle and glue it over the bumper hole and just let water run through the bumper hole
    2. cover up the bumper hole from the inside and place the nozzle over it
    3. get the part that connects to the bumper hole from the inside (i believe its a hose), and then cover it with the nozzle. this will give it a factory look.

As for the bumper absorber and splash shields, you cant reuse as they wont fit the V bumper.

I was talking about the cover (#2)

the nozzle (#3) is held in place by the retainer (#4)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

my bad when I said nozzle i meant cover....thanks chris

Thanks for your help guys, you really know what you're doing and I trust your judgement.
    I'll look online and order the bumper absorber and splash shields probably today. I guess I'll try and get the holes covered
    if I can't find something that doesn't look like crap.

----------

Thanks Chris. So can I buy parts 2, 3and 4? and also do the nozzle covers come painted? if so let me know the total, I'll
    buy them all.

that's what i thought, but i figured that the picture would be better than an explanation

Quote Originally Posted by jlpz View Post
    Hi guys,
    secrets.

Reply #60 below has a list of the things you will need for the front bumper. You will need a box of the grill clips in reply #93 below, there are not enough on the CTS grill to install the V grill and fog light bezel. I would also get a box of the Push Retainers (PAS1860-25) from the same place in #93 below. It is easy to damage them when removing. Best to have some on hand.

For the rear bumper you will need the bumper, 4 reflectors, the energy absorbers and the lower cover.

The energy absorbers (front or rear) are not the same on CTS and V. Also, a new front bumper does not include the "lower cover" (sometimes referred to as the splitter) and the rear bumper does not include the lower cover.

PS: The little bezels (plastic rings) around the fog lights cost shipped, $129 for 2.

I hope to have mine completed next week. V front and rear and hood. Now I want the rocker moldings.

Thanks for the new info. Does anyone know the part numbers for the bumper ansorber and for the front splash shields and the lower cover "splitter"?

Hey Rippy, you have a customer below.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.