CTS-V bumpers on a 08 CTS How-to - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, CTS-V bumpers on a 08 CTS How-to in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Does that fit the regular cts ? I know bumpers themselves are different....
    Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Does that fit the regular cts ? I know bumpers themselves are different.

bolt007 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI Super charged
    Less than 200 miles! It sold already on eBay! I have a d3 intake system sell it to you for $170 free shipping.

is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

Re: CTS-V bumpers on a 08 CTS How-to

Quote Originally Posted by bolt007 View Post
    Less than 200 miles! It sold already on eBay! I have a d3 intake system sell it to you for $170 free shipping.
    I bought it! Thanks for the heads up and awesome price! Did you put back your original bumper and now selling the V parts?

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by bolt007
    I have a V front and lower grille for sale! It's on eBay now

For sale $ 100 free shipping
    That was 1 hell of a deal.....I paid almost 3 time that when I 1st did my swap

Jim4130 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts

I plan on doing this swap in a week or so and have all the pieces except the front absorber and half splash shields. Was wondering if these pieces
    are absolutely necessary for this swap. I won't be putting in fog lights or the head lamp washers so not sure if that matters or not. This is my first
    time doing something like this so any help is greatly appreciated. Also working on a budget so trying to keep the cost down. I have an 09 CTS base.

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I'm very late to this dance so I hope those of you that have done the bumper mod (like MTL_CTS and sfv41901) are still checking this thread. I have most of the parts together and have turned my attention to finding a paint shop.

Please tell me if you had the bumper painted off the car? My car is Black Raven. Is matching the paint going to be a problem?

I will also do the V rear bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim4130 View Post
    I plan on doing this swap in a week or so and have all the pieces except the front absorber and half splash shields. Was wondering if these pieces
    are absolutely necessary for this swap. I won't be putting in fog lights or the head lamp washers so not sure if that matters or not. This is my first
    time doing something like this so any help is greatly appreciated. Also working on a budget so trying to keep the cost down. I have an 09 CTS base.
    I am also in the process of doing the swap. I already have all the parts but due to a recent accident had to wait for the shop to finish my car. I am not sure if you DON'T need those parts but its best to get all of the parts and do it right from the start. Contact Chris @ Rippy to give you an excellent deal. Btw, I ordered the head lamp washer cover and it only goes over the hole in the bumper (it doesn't actually cover up the hole in the bumper), so I had the body shop cover up the hole on the bumper and returned those parts.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    I'm very late to this dance so I hope those of you that have done the bumper mod (like MTL_CTS and sfv41901) are still checking this thread. I have most of the parts together and have turned my attention to finding a paint shop.

Please tell me if you had the bumper painted off the car? My car is Black Raven. Is matching the paint going to be a problem?

I have many questions and I cannot PM so here is my email if someone who has done this will email me. I promise not to be a pest.

mistercoffee2@yahoo.com

Other mods I have done are: Rearview Camera, Steering Wheel Mounted Shift Buttons and Push Button Start.

I will also do the V rear bumper.
    Mine is also Black Raven and all I did was give my body shop guy the color code and he matched it. It wont be a problem matching since Black Raven is not metallic which is harder to mix.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by is250sp View Post
    I am also in the process of doing the swap. I already have all the parts but due to a recent accident had to wait for the shop to finish my car. I am not sure if you DON'T need those parts but its best to get all of the parts and do it right from the start. Contact Chris @ Rippy to give you an excellent deal. Btw, I ordered the head lamp washer cover and it only goes over the hole in the bumper (it doesn't actually cover up the hole in the bumper), so I had the body shop cover up the hole on the bumper and returned those parts.

thanks for the recommendation
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I understand from the write up the splash shield halves have to be replaced because the non V parts won't work. Also, the V absorber should be used for the same reason plus, IMO, not having one to stabilize all that plastic, is not an option.

Jim4130 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts

Thanks for the help! First time doing anything like this so all of the help is greatly appreciated.

I have most of the parts. I need 1/2 of the right side cooling vent and the two "bright" rings for the fogs. I also need the splitter parts but may go aftermarket. Question have come up about the original fogs fitting. I will continue to post here as I go through this mod. Please, anyone doing this mod, do the same to help out a fellow modder.

Does anyone have a contact to get the pats numbers for the CTS and CTS-V fogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    I have most of the parts. I need 1/2 of the right side cooling vent and the two "bright" rings for the fogs. I also need the splitter parts but may go aftermarket. Question have come up about the original fogs fitting. I will continue to post here as I go through this mod. Please, anyone doing this mod, do the same to help out a fellow modder.

Does anyone have a contact to get the pats numbers for the CTS and CTS-V fogs?
    PM Chris @ Rippy, he is 3 posts up

I probably have the brake vent part that you need in stock (is it the one that connects to the bumper?)

as for the chrome ring i think it's part of the fog lamp asm and not sold by itself (at least i can't find it right now)
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Thanks for the reply I cannot PM.

When I posted earlier the duct had not arrived, it came a few minutes ago. All that remains is the fog rings. My dealer gave me the part number as 25863011. His price is out of the park. Can you verify and help me? He showed me the parts diagram with the rings on it. Was not part of the fogs.

Thanks mistercoffee2@yahoo.com

OH yes! Clips, the ones that hold the grills in and the push clips for the round holes in the bumper and wheel well half and elsewhere.

hmm yeah that part number looks correct ... not sure how i missed that earlier

$60 each is the cheapest i can sell them

i would suggest that you just source the clips locally
    you can get the clips at the local HELP! rack at your nearest parts store ... unless you really want the OEM clips

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.