Interior Light Bulb Types/Sizes HELP!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Interior Light Bulb Types/Sizes HELP! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; So ive recently joined the Cadillac community and I need some help. I am looking to replace my interior bulbs ...
    bronik90 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe - 3.6l DI AWD

Lightbulb Interior Light Bulb Types/Sizes HELP!

So ive recently joined the Cadillac community and I need some help.

I am looking to replace my interior bulbs to LEDs.

An hour long Google search sends me in circles, and delivers a ton of replacement part sites that dont help what so ever.

Does anyone know the actual types and sizes? (ie. what length festoon lights for the rear in mm [44mm?])

Ive never had such problems finding simple info like this before. Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MillerCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

Re: Interior Light Bulb Types/Sizes HELP!

I found this site. http://superbrightleds.com I hope this helps.

GreaseMonkey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6L Black Ice/Ebony

I'm also looking to do the same thing, along with replacing the license plate bulbs with LEDs as well. I want to match the color of the interior ambient lighting that my car has which would be a cool white color.

There is a bulb in each door, two map lights up front, and two map lights in the rear. There are also the two license plate bulbs.

According to superbrightleds.com, 2825 is the part number for all of those bulbs. I'm going to do a little more research and see if that is correct.

These look like they may be right.

http://www.amazon.com/Cool-White-Omn.../dp/B004Z3JWM0

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
    According to superbrightleds.com, 2825 is the part number for all of those bulbs. I'm going to do a little more research and see if that is correct.
    Thanks for the input guys. Well I uncovered that the interior lights in the 2008 CTS are all 194 "wedge-type" (the connection itself), but 168 and 2825 will fit as well.
    I used a site called Tmart (an overseas site with a ton of cheap LEDs), which I have used before with success, and ordered some red LEDs for my interior. The total was about $19 and I saved a ton of money compared to sites that sell kits. It requires a little more time but is totally worth it IMO.

http://www.tmart.com/search.html?q=L...gories_id=3155 <- If you're looking to convert to a clean white look, there are a ton of LED panels that you can use. The dimensions of the dome light lens (front and back, each separate light) is 1.12 x 1.4 inches, so buy carefully. The panels can lay directly on the plastic lens with almost no heat whatsoever, and it looks great. I've seen it done on an STS, and wow!

If you want to switch to blue or red, meh good luck lol. There arent a huge choice of bulbs so options are limited. I still think it will awesome and I'll post pics once I install them.

And here is the link ( http://bit.ly/rV9Zp1 ) of a prius (yes, a prius) with a DIY makeover. these lights are a bit bright IMO, but it looks professional. Scroll to the 5th post down with the pics, and you'll see what I mean by "laying the panels" on the lens. you wouldnt see each individual LED as clear as that, its just the way the camera took the picture.

Here are the 2 different bulbs I bought ( http://bit.ly/rvVsRh and http://bit.ly/uBuirx ). The second bulb will require me to strip the wire and connect it myself, but thats 10 seconds of my time and more $$$ in my pocket. and again, if anyone just wants a clean white look, there are tons of panels that will fit in the dome

superbrightleds.com doesnt seem bad either. a little high priced though

Thanks for the info!

I'll be ordering some up within the coming weeks. I forgot about several other light areas. One in each footwell, and then the trunk. So I think the total is 13. I'll have to go back out to my car and add all the locations up before ordering.

DevilBuckeye is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

I bought from superbrightLed.com back when I had my Scion TC that I dumped money into. Great producty and great service from teh company. Wish I had pics, but I turned all my lights into RED LEDs. it looked awesome.

Any pics of teh white LEDS in teh CTS yet? Very ineterested.

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS

Just be careful trying to use superbrights led bulb finder. I found that it kept recommending the wrong bulb numbers. Luckily I was able to just pull out the bulb and figure out the proper size. Once you upgrade from filament to LED, there's no going back. It's lighting that's actually useful.

danoh123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 Premium AWD

Quote Originally Posted by bronik90 View Post
    So ive recently joined the Cadillac community and I need some help.

I am looking to replace my interior bulbs to LEDs.

An hour long Google search sends me in circles, and delivers a ton of replacement part sites that dont help what so ever.

Does anyone know the actual types and sizes? (ie. what length festoon lights for the rear in mm [44mm?])

Ive never had such problems finding simple info like this before. Thanks!!!
    Interior dome light should be more flat style LED due to tight space thought other 194 works too.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00

All other areas you can use
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00
    Works for doors, foot well, and license lights.

I don't have a clear recall, but the rear trunk light is
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o04_s00_i00

Hey thanks for the input. Since I started this thread, I've swapped Cadillacs three times. In every one, I've changed the lighting to LEDs myself for $25 each time. The LEDs that I've purchased from tmart.com have been great quality and ridiculously cheap.

The total install took me about 20 minutes, and I've done red, blue, and white lights in each car respectively The red and blue LEDs were 5050 SMDs and the white lights are "piranha" lights that look awesome.

Side note: for such an easy DIY project, it amazes me to still see people spending $80 to even $200 for some "custom" kit that cost the site $15 to toss in a bag. Everything I've ordered has shipped from some warehouse in NY, and I've never experienced flickering or failure with any LED I've ordered.

I have zero affiliation with tmart or any other site, nor do I get anything for recommending them. I just want to make it clear that you can change the personality of your CTS significantly, while getting professional results, without spending money unnecessarily.

Cuest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance w/Red & Carbon Interior

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.