CTS V shift knob - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, CTS V shift knob in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by ivelzen Can some one please show me how to replace the knob? Sure. You will need three ...
    Getch78 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI

Re: CTS V shift knob

Quote Originally Posted by ivelzen View Post
    Can some one please show me how to replace the knob?
    Sure. You will need three tools for this job:
    Flat head screwdriver
    microfiber towel (or similar)
    torx bit driver

Step 1: Wrap the end of your flat head screwdriver with the towel and then insert it between the knob and boot as highlighted below.

Then simply twist the screwdriver and that side of the boot should come loose. Once it is loose you can pull down on the other side by hand and the whole boot should be off of the shift knob as highlighted below.

At this point you will need to use the torx head driver to unscrew the torx screw bit that secures the shift knob as highlighted below.

Once you have done that the shift knob will come right out. Replacing is even easier as you just need to put the replacement shift knob back on. tighten the torx screw and then pull the shift boot back into place. Done!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

TX_09CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

Just got mine today from Hennessey & it had a little surprise. A "V logo". I didn't notice that on the Getch78 picture earlier (now I do)...I still don't see it in Hennessey's.

I still like it & I can now pretend my car is much faster.

V knob.jpg

TX_09CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

I can feel about an additional 20hp already....kidding, but it does have a nice feel.

20hp add.jpg

GProdigy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts

Quote Originally Posted by TX_09CTS View Post
    I can feel about an additional 20hp already....kidding, but it does have a nice feel.

Attachment 90251
    haha ..i need a new shift knob as well...that's interesting b/c Hennessy's site doesn't show the V logo on it from the angle of their pic.

smca is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS
    Would be cool if it didn't have the V logo on it. Same with the matching steering wheel. My car is not a V so I wouldn't want the logo anywhere.

monogram124 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    smca, you're in luck. The new touring package includes an alcantara shift knob sans logo. It has a flat black center tho, not the gloss piano black. But that's probably a good thing since it doesn't scratch as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by monogram124 View Post
    smca, you're in luck. The new touring package includes an alcantara shift knob sans logo. It has a flat black center tho, not the gloss piano black. But that's probably a good thing since it doesn't scratch as easily.
    where can you get it? other than the dealership

Hammerhead100 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Performance Sedan

Only problem is now you're going to want the matching steering wheel $$$

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/alstwhkit.html

Sorry, been away for a bit.

GProdigy, not sure where to get the shifter. Like I said, it comes with the new touring package. I did search online but couldn't find it. Here's a pic of what it looks like
    shifter.JPG

Also thought you might like to see the matching steering wheel
    wheel.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by monogram124 View Post
    Sorry, been away for a bit.

GProdigy, not sure where to get the shifter. Like I said, it comes with the new touring package. I did search online but couldn't find it. Here's a pic of what it looks like
    Attachment 136202

Also thought you might like to see the matching steering wheel
    Attachment 136210
    thanks..that leather part in the center is the problem with mine....its the main part of my interior that shows wear and tear b/c of the heat etc.

thats y the piano gloss knob looked appealing...

Oh! I'll have to watch out for that. Didn't realize the center would come apart/rub off.
    I'm sure you've seen it here but someone else wrapped the center part in 3M film that looks like carbon fiber. The piano black is like the shifter surround which as you know scratches if you just look at it funny. I just wish my shifter matched the boot more in the center. I like a uniform look

Hammerhead100 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Performance Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by GProdigy View Post
    thanks..that leather part in the center is the problem with mine....its the main part of my interior that shows wear and tear b/c of the heat etc.

thats y the piano gloss knob looked appealing...
    I had the same problem; center leather part of the shifter knob was dinged up pretty bad. My eye was constantly drawn to it thinking about how bad it looked.

When I decided to wrap that part with 3M Di-Noc carbon fiber vinyl, I removed to leather first. It came off very easily and clean revealing a nice smooth piano black finish underneath.

I started to just leave it like that but went ahead with the CF wrap.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post10611849

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.