08 CTS- How to Remove the Back License Plate Bulb Cover
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, 08 CTS- How to Remove the Back License Plate Bulb Cover in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi, I need some guidance to remove the back license plate bulb covers to replace my bulbs. I can remove ...
    ctsrules08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

08 CTS- How to Remove the Back License Plate Bulb Cover

Hi, I need some guidance to remove the back license plate bulb covers to replace my bulbs. I can remove the bulb case assembly down using a screw driver by pulling on one side but I can't seem to remove the cover to access the bulb. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dancastro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 Premium - Black Raven/Cashmere

Re: 08 CTS- How to Remove the Back License Plate Bulb Cover

Just give the bulb base a 1/4 turn twist & it'll pull right out.

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

If I remember correctly, the covers work similarly to the battery door on electronics (like a TV remote battery door). I think there should be a small notch in one end of the lens. Just put a small screwdriver in there, push the whole lens to the side, and gently angle the lens out. It should come out really easily; don't force it. I was initially a little confused, too, and am glad I didn't twist or pry on the plastic and break the lens! You shouldn't need to unscrew anything to get to the bulbs.

DanF is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 XLR

Just done mine, no need to remove the lens, bulb comes out the back with a twist.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.