CTS Chrome Grill Inserts with black background
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, CTS Chrome Grill Inserts with black background in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I got my car back from the body shop, had my grill painted black and when I got home I ...
    kilochris83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS AWD

CTS Black and Chrome Grill Inserts

I got my car back from the body shop, had my grill painted black and when I got home I had a set of chrome inserts waiting for me at the door. I look at other CTS and wanted my different then others so I added 4 inserts then adding all 8.. so here it is I hope you enjoy as much as I do.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

per0781 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: CTS Chrome Grill Inserts with black background

It takes a brave man to try something different let me check it out for awhile

jovi440 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

looks like a job half done.
    IMO you need the other four.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I have the full chrome kit on my car because that is the way I wanted. I applaud your choice of painting the grill and the judicious use of the chrome pieces that appealed to you.

kilochris83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS AWD

Quote Originally Posted by per0781 View Post
    It takes a brave man to try something different let me check it out for awhile
    Thanks for the feedback, it actually looks like a factory grill from Cadillac in person. I didn't want to go over the top with my CTS I wanted it to still have that classy look that Cadillac offers.

DMill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium

Looks good!

I like it and just may do the same if I don't go with an aftermarket mesh grill. Like you, I was concerned that applying all 8-pieces would be too much "bling". Yours is a nice compromise ... and I love the black grill. (Why GM didn't do this as OEM ... ) Another

jumbo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS (Gold Mist)

One good reason the grill doesn't come OEM black is it just would not look right on many of the other color choices.

On my color, I feel adding the chrome pieces compliments the OEM grill and gives the front a nice dignified look, IMO not the least bit over-blinged. It certainly has been noticed. After the pieces went on (followed by a good wax job), several people asked if I had bought a new car.

Nobody here needs to fret too much about the opinions of others.. for sure not many on this board would be happy if every CTS coming down the road looked the same. Do your own the way you like it.

DMill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    One good reason the grill doesn't come OEM black is it just would not look right on many of the other color choices. (snip)
    A satin black (not flat or gloss) instead of the OEM gray would look perfectly fine on your White Diamond CTS, and I believe most would agree with me ... but that's in my humble opinion, of course. <wink> I do agree, though "... to each his own."

jumbo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS (Gold Mist)

But DMill, my "White Diamond" is actually "Gold Mist"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.