Frustration of winter: Salt and Brine!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Frustration of winter: Salt and Brine! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; For those of us who consider it the norm to wash and detail our cars on a weekly basis, this ...
    cts4ever is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS & 2010 SRX

Frustration of winter: Salt and Brine!

For those of us who consider it the norm to wash and detail our cars on a weekly basis, this winter has been hell. And for those of us who live where the "s" word brings out brigades of plows and salt trucks in seconds, it's even worse. We love our cars, spotless and sporting the highest gloss possible,but unless we own another car (preferably a WWII German halftrack) that we can sacrifice to the salt and brine solutions spayed, dumped and thrown everywhere in quantites so huge it's ridiculous, we're out of luck. I swear... the salt runnoff from this winter is going to raise the Atlantic Ocean's salinity by about 2%.

I even stooped so low this winter as to take my black raven CTS thru a brand new "won't-hurt-your-finish" car wash. Big mistake. It took a clay bar session this weekend to get rid of the swirl marks. The car looks great now, but until the winter is over, and all the snow has melted and salt washed away, the battle will continue...

To all reading this, Thanks. I just wanted to vent.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chagrin falls is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 srx perf, 2010 cts4 prem

Re: Frustration of winter: Salt and Brine!

Hey CTS- I feel your pain! For 30 years I drove nothing but GM black cars and I had a ton of them. I always had my detailer take care of them as it drove me crazy and it would take me hours to do myself. He would do them every 3 weeks as it was either rain spots or dust. My last black car was an 01 DTS. Since then I've had a beige STS and now a Vanilla Latte CTS. It is so much easier!!! I realized I was paying my detailer almost as much as my car payments were. But, I always look with envy at a well detailed black car. There is no equal to black imo.

TrimThis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 TG CTS Coupe

Back when I lived in snow country I always had a second (beater) car for days the roads weren't dry. Great piece of mind knowing the ride was in the garage warm and dry. Try one.

infineon954 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 White Diamond CTS 4

Well, I live in the "snowbelt". I am currently selling my beauty of a truck in order to get my ass in a CTS 4. I love when I see a black sports car coming down the road all nice and clean looking. However, no matter if it's salt or good ol' dust in the summer, they do not stay clean for long. So, I have decided to once again go with white. I feel you can't go wrong.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.