Cadillac CTS Chrome Grill Inserts - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Cadillac CTS Chrome Grill Inserts in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; search e bay i'm sure that you will find what your looking for.....the only issue with the chrome inserts that ...
    AJC165 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI. everything but nav.current mileage 11800 km.

Re: Cadillac CTS Chrome Grill Inserts

search e bay i'm sure that you will find what your looking for.....the only issue with the chrome inserts that i had is the strips that go on the third rowat the bumper level don't join together nicely in the middle.....i'm canadian and i'm requiered to have a front license plate so that hides it ,,,,but if i didn't have a plate it would be noticeable.....anyone else have this issue ?

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

yes, I do, but I thought it was only me. I was very careful to test fit them and applied them but the bottom row,drivers side does not line up properly with the other side.

jovi440 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Just ordered mine, will arrive tomorrow,June 09. Ordered from the HUPCAP PLACE off internet, $110 to my front door. Am sure I will like them. All the photo look great. Any thing special I need to know before installing them?----Thanks!

They arrived today,took about 30 minutes to install. Careful on the bottom one due to some having problems with the alinement. Mine matched perfect.I beleive the secret is to make sure the bottom is fully snapped under the old grille piece. This locks everything in place and insures a perfect alinement. I think I am going to be satisfied with them. It gives the front end a lot better look,IMO more classy.

rwd
    rwd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thanks for the posts.

Does any one know if the grille inserts will with stand the abuse of all the spinning drums, high pressure water ect: of a car wash? I would think that it should, but I had rather be safe and get some feedback from some of you folks out there may know. Thanks in advance!!! JB

Michael 514 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP

I just want to be honest and let you know that despite these looking INCREDIBLY AMAZING, indeed, after one winter, they started pitting and peeling.

I was quite surprised, because I never use automatic car washes and it was a pretty mild winter here. (And I don't drive much).

However, truth be told, they looked pretty lousy when the winter was over.

I took a bunch of pics and showed the company. The immediately sent me a new set free of charge. They said that was not normal. I still have to get around to replacing them. The new box is right here.

The chrome inserts truly are some of nicest mods around. No joke!

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Mine have only been on the car a few months. It is refreshing to hear of a company willing to stand behind their products.

wiz1der is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI FE2 Perf Package

Just wanted to add that the inserts add SOOO much to the look of the car!

I went an extra step and blacked out the grey plastic on the grill before installing, and while i was at it, painted the grey piece on the bottom of the car. Also flipped license plate holder around and got it a little lower...
    Attached Images

brothleutner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

Quote Originally Posted by wiz1der View Post
    Just wanted to add that the inserts add SOOO much to the look of the car!

I went an extra step and blacked out the grey plastic on the grill before installing, and while i was at it, painted the grey piece on the bottom of the car. Also flipped license plate holder around and got it a little lower...
    Freakin' awesome looking.

Alpet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 Cadillac CTS4 Coupe, crystal red, 18", chrome grill, tint

I installed the chrome grill inserts about 30 months ago---they still look fantastic, like it came with the car.
    I've gone through 2 winters and many car washes, no problem.

I've since installed chrome door handles and chrome side view mirror covers.

I love the extra chrome, looks great with the polished wheels, although you can overdo it, I suppose.

Don't want it to look like a pimpmobile, lol

mrryanman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

I recently ordered these through eBay by a company named Hub Caps Plus. They cost $94.50 with free shipping. The results are awesome! I don't know why Cadillac doesn't put these on the CTS at the factory. These give the car a great look and still look completely stock. I was worried about the car looking too modified but that is hardly the case! I've gotten a ton of compliments on this already and would do it again in a heartbeat. Installation took about 20-30 minutes and was a breeze. The most time was spent just peeling off the adhesive tape backing and checking the fit on the grill. If you have a CTS you need these!
    Attached Images

I previously reported that I had had an alignment problem on the lower grille pieces. I finally found the time to remove them, removed the tape from the back and re=taped them. When I re-installed them I paid particular attention to the problem area. They now fit perfectly and the alignment is tight.

Black-Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS - 3.6 DI AWD - Black Raven

Hi everyone!

First post here. That chrome grill look stunning - I think I'll be having to give my car the same treatment.

Question though, I don't see headlight washer nozels for your HIDs. Are they not on the 2011s anymore? I thought by law all HIDs/xenons needed them to prevent glare when dirty. Obviously I'm wrong. To be honest I'd prefer not to have them. First, I have randomly lost one cover once - annoying trip to the dealer for something so small. Also, and more importantly, they make a huge mess! When driving they spray the headlight, but where does all the liquid then go? All down the side of the car, a nice long wet bubbly streak. It's to the point I hate using my washer fluid for my windshield knowing that the headlight sprayer may come on. Also, looks nicer without out them. A 'cool' gadget type feature? Sure, do I wish my car didn't have them? Yes.

tumblrCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTSex

that is wayyyy too much chrome for me...but cool idea

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.