Question about Leather Seats in CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Question about Leather Seats in CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just purchased a 2009 CTS with 4000 miles and am first titled owner. The driver's seat looks as if ...
    Ron Hoover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Question about Leather Seats in CTS

I just purchased a 2009 CTS with 4000 miles and am first titled owner. The driver's seat looks as if a 400 lb man sat in it for 200,000 miles! Big bubble in seating surface, and the left driver's side door bolster is stretched and almost cracked. It seems as if Cadillac seats are poorly constructed. Dealer tells me that this is wear and tear and nothing can be done. Horrid looking for such a quality "luxury" car. I have had German and Japanese cars that cost lots less or more and this problem has never plagued me before. Is it the design, the lack of material under the leather, or does anyone know what I can do to correct it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tr's-cts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts

Re: Question about Leather Seats in CTS

Sorry for the dissappointment. If you new this before purchasing the car then why did you?....Were there any alternatives the dealer offered at the time besides wear and tear.?

Not sure where you live...but I would say there should be someone that can rebuild ( stuff) the seat and order a bolster.

I have walked away from many used vehicles because of the way the driver seat was worn - broken in. As you said ....it all depends on the weight of the previous person. Very well could have been a 400 pounds person.

Northern SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6

Yeah - search this forum and you'll find other threads on this topic. This is, unfortunately, a weakness of the CTS and it is not the only one.

The CTS is a wonderful car but it is not perfect. At least one poster has had his "puckered" leather rectified by the dealership and I imagine that any decent automotive upholsterer could deal with it.

Aron9000 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

This seems to be a common problem with any GM car. My 1999 Z28 had the bottom seat foam totally collapse by 80k miles. It was fine at 40k when I bought the car, and I'm not a real big dude at 175lbs. I've seen tons of GM cars/SUVs with torn up/worn leather drivers seats and the rest of the interior was MINT, and most of them had less than 100k miles on them.

Northern SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    This seems to be a common problem with any GM car. My 1999 Z28 had the bottom seat foam totally collapse by 80k miles. It was fine at 40k when I bought the car, and I'm not a real big dude at 175lbs. I've seen tons of GM cars/SUVs with torn up/worn leather drivers seats and the rest of the interior was MINT, and most of them had less than 100k miles on them.
    Not to suggest that one car makes a trend but, a year ago, we sold our (then) 8 year old Bonneville and its leather was immaculate all around.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Northern SRX View Post
    Yeah - search this forum and you'll find other threads on this topic. This is, unfortunately, a weakness of the CTS and it is not the only one.

The CTS is a wonderful car but it is not perfect. At least one poster has had his "puckered" leather rectified by the dealership and I imagine that any decent automotive upholsterer could deal with it.
    A good upholsterer could fix this. Maybe some extra foam in the side bolsters. If you use hard foam, it could help with the seats ability to hold you in the turns.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.