Getting mom some wheels for Christmas-Help and Advice please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Getting mom some wheels for Christmas-Help and Advice please in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello, My stepdad just bought my mom a 2009 CTS 3.6 AWD a few months back in diamond white. It ...
    osu411yamaha is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

Getting mom some wheels for Christmas-Help and Advice please

Hello,
    My stepdad just bought my mom a 2009 CTS 3.6 AWD a few months back in diamond white. It came with the factory base model wheels. For Christmas we want to get her some better looking rims for it. I drive an STS with 20 inch U2 wheels and my stepdad wants to get something similar, but I am worried it may be a little too overboard for her liking. Can I get some comments and advice on what looks classy and nice on a CTS without going overboard? He wants to put 20s on it, but I am thinking 19s might suit her better. What does everyone think of putting the 2009 CTS-V premium 19 inch wheels on it? If not does anyone know any companies and websites that might have wheels to suit her?
    Thanks,
    Jon

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mac141 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Thunder Gray/Titanium

Re: Getting mom some wheels for Christmas-Help and Advice please

Why not just go for the 18" high polish rims from Cadillac? They look great on the car. Not over the top...just enough of a statement. There have been comments on here that they look better than the 2010 wheel offerings. Hey even my mother requested them if she decides to spring for the white caddy.

I have them as well....no desire to switch them out.

Okay...that's my 2 cents.

Northern SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6

I think your instinct to stick with stock wheels is sound. I think either the V 19" wheels or the high-polished 18s look fabulous. Frankly, though, you have to think of the kind of ride your mom would want - on balance, if she likes comfort, I'd stick with the 18s. Besides, come time to swap the rubber, 18s will give you a lot more choice.

osu411yamaha is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

My stepfather is saying he doesn't want to go with the 19" V wheels, because the spokes are thin and to make them look right larger rotors and painted calipers would be required. I do agree with him on that. He seems set on the 20" Vogue V-5s which if it were my car would be what I would go with but I think it may be too flashy for her. She said when she drove the car to Walgreen's the other day a strange guy came up to her asking questions about the car and I think she is worried about getting car jacked in the car as it is. I looked at the gallery on voguetyre.com and the V-5s do look extremely good on the car, but also extremely flashy. I personally tried to talk her into getting the STS, because its a more comfortable car. However she said she wanted the CTS, because it is more sporty. So maybe the 19" V look may be for her.....

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Gee whiz, my mom would be happy with flowers.

Ron Hoover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

May I make the suggestion you stay with stock wheels no matter what size, but consider the PermaChrome process. THis is far better enviromentally for the earth, better waranty, 5 years from pitting and US WHEEL EXCHANGE does corer exchange. They send yo uthe wheels then you send yours back. I just did a set of stock 17inch and they are absolutley excellent and superior to chrome as we know it. They even give you history of the process on the site.

jdurhan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS Sport Wagon, '11 Black Raven V-Coupe

Go to Ebay and buy a set of stock Polished or Chrome wheels, it will look factory and much better than an aftermarket wheel most likely.

endo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI Black Raven

Just remember that the V wheels are wider and different offset.

CTS-V OEM 19" wheels:
    Front 19x9, bolt pattern 5x120 ET51
    -Tire size 255/40/19

Rear 19x9.5, bolt pattern 5x120 ET56
    -Tire size 285/35/19

CTS RWD OEM 18" wheels:
    Front and rear 18x8.5, bolt pattern 5x120 ET48
    -Tire size 235/50/18

CTS AWD:
    I don't know the spec. Might be the same as the CTS RWD.

2007 ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

My 22x9 et are +40 offset and they sit flush with the fenders all the way around mine is cts4 awd take a look at the tread below

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.