Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom Paint Coming!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  C "T" ess 
#1 ·
Dropped the car off at a custom paint shop. Getting a two tone w/ the light platinum on top and a darker shade of "titanium" on the bottom. Also having a burnt orange pearl accent stripe done (slightly darker than the Hot Lava color) and the wheels will be painted to match the titanium color. The painter is a well-known guy out here in CA who happens to live next door to my sister. Saw his work in his driveway, struck up a conversation and he was all over the lines on the car - even pulled out some striping tape from his pocket and starting laying down a design for the stripe. I have the E&G kit already on the car, so this should make for an very unique - but tasteful - look for the CTS. I'll try to post some pictures when it is done, but won't be until the week of 7 December.

#2 ·
Sounds cool! Cant wait to see some awesome pictures! :)

#3 ·
Picked up the car today. It looks incredible. Pictures posted here. I kept them small, but can post some bigger ones if anyone is interested.

BD - let me know when you plan to be at work again and I'll come by. You really need to see the car in person to appreciate the work. The pictures can't do the colors justice.

http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss52/OneLapCoastie/?albumview=grid

#5 ·
Updated the pics with some higher res shots. Same link as above.

Understand this may not be for everyone but that's not really a concern for me. I wanted to push the envelope a bit and see what could be done with the lines of the car and a talented painter. Even if you aren't a fan of the design or the colors, hopefully you can appreciate the craftsmanship that went into this. The color and detail is incredible and the pictures don't do it justice.

The fade on the hood and lower body is done with a custom mix of about 13 different shades with progressive increases of orange mixed with the gray as it transitions to the burnt orange pearl accent stripe. The blending is flawless as your eye moves up the car. All of the pinstriping is hand painted by one of the pioneers of pinstriping from the early hot rod days. The wheels are painted to match the darker shade near the bottom and also include some of the burnt orange to give it a subtle bronze undertone.

Although I'm sure some will like the paint and some will hate it, I can guarantee you I won't be driving by another light platinum CTS anytime soon and saying, "hey there goes a car just like mine."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.