Clear Tail Lamp Package on a Crystal Red car - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Clear Tail Lamp Package on a Crystal Red car in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Mine is Euro spec and came with clear tail lights and red spoiler brake light on the trunk lid. In ...
    hiltoncam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 BLS and 2009 CTS

Cool Re: Clear Tail Lamp Package on a Crystal Red car

Mine is Euro spec and came with clear tail lights and red spoiler brake light on the trunk lid. In South Africa, we get Euro versions of everything because we are right hand drive like the UK. I want to switch mine to red tail lights. The clear tail lights don't do well in the sun and get strange staining and water marks on the joins in the plastic lense of the tail light.

I had some custom New York plates made for my car because the stupid Euro plates we have in this country make the car look hideous. When I look at a car, I don't want to see license plate on wheels, I want to see my car!

CADILLAC 019.jpg
    SDC18200.JPG
    SDC18221.JPG

iVwishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Clear Tail Lamp Package on a Crystal Red car

Quote Originally Posted by pylepower View Post
    Has anyone figured the wiring on using GM oem euro tail lights on a us car. I found a pair of the tail lights and they have the exact same wire harness and appeared to be plug and play but they didn't work. Not sure if it is wiring or an actual contro unit. GM # 22752227 left side and 22752228 right side. These are Genuine GM part numbers and D.O.T
    OEM clear euro/ export tails lamps require repining the wire/pins inside the connector on the harness plus some electronic tweak to work on a US spec CTS. I like the overall look of them and I wish they had clear 3rd brake light for the V series cts. I plan on tinting mine down a shade or two which will look much better IMO.

Mrjb9475 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    If you have a U.S. CTS do you still have to modify the pin/plug I want these on my gold mist CTS but don't want to modify

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by iVwishing View Post
    OEM clear euro/ export tails lamps require repining the wire/pins inside the connector on the harness plus some electronic tweak to work on a US spec CTS. I like the overall look of them and I wish they had clear 3rd brake light for the V series cts. I plan on tinting mine down a shade or two which will look much better IMO.
    It look good...but will it be safe. When I stop, I want the driver see my tail lights...no excuses! I've see other cars with their tail lights tinted, and I could barely see their brake lights when they brake.

BlackWidow11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Mrjb9475 View Post
    If you have a U.S. CTS do you still have to modify the pin/plug I want these on my gold mist CTS but don't want to modify
    GM makes the US version and it is plug-n-play

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.